Kemper - what's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kemper - what's the point?

Yeah the whole amp-profiling thing is nothing new. BIAS (DAW plugin) has had it for about 5 years now (I don't use it, however).

Comment

It seems to me that the Kemper is more suited to someone who is more concerned about results than means.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
        It seems to me that the Kemper is more suited to someone who is more concerned about results than means.

As we all should be.
        Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
        Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
        Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
        Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
          As we all should be.
          Imagine that.

Comment

QFT

Ed did not get to be Ed by worrying about what or how anyone was doing things. Nor did Gibbons, Clapton, Malmsteen, Vai and anyone else whose tones you dig.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

absolutely not!!!player better had logged in a bunch of time on the real deal before taking on a Kemper...if you haven't heard wonderful sound from glowing tubes carefully managed to produce it...worked with it teased it and been stumped by it...it means nothing...the person who blindly starts with only a Kemper will make noise for the most part...there can be of course rare exceptions...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                QFT

Ed did not get to be Ed by worrying about what or how anyone was doing things. Nor did Gibbons, Clapton, Malmsteen, Vai and anyone else whose tones you dig.
                that is not accurate...Clapton worked constantly on getting a specific sound he was after...EVH=a player and a company who makes stuff that the player determined was suited for the sound he was after...
                you actually think the grand wazoos of guitarism just plugged in anything that was handed them into anything nearby and thought nothing of it????

Comment

I guess I’m part of that wazoo club.

Comment

I have a friend who says "learn how to make crap sound good."
                    To which I reply , "Yes. Then get better stuff."
                    I would run a Kemper if I found one for a steal.

Comment

Certainly. I'm sure most of the time "bad tone" is just a user error.
                      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                      Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

My money is on "Ace has been trolling the entire time."

Either that, or he's become a member of the Obstinate Old Man club.
                        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

Can’t it be both?[emoji16]

Comment

Let's face it, us old guys are gonna hate everything new that comes out!

Comment

At this point; this far into the thread, I'm more like, "Vinnie has been acting like a Whiny Little B**** the whole time".

Either that, or he's starving for attention like an Attention Whore.

Everyone and their grandma surely knows what the Kemper is and what it does by now...

Comment

I'm in pretty much the same boat, I may flip a bunch of my unused gear to see how close I can get to buying one without laying out a bunch of cash out of pocket

Comment

Working...
                                X