Katana to Fender Champion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana to Fender Champion?

I have two Boss Katanas that I have been using for the past few years. (One a 100 single speaker, the other a smaller Katana 50.)
    I have been pretty satisfied with the tones I can make on the Katana, but I think i'd like to try a Fender Champion 40.
    I play Classic Rock, 60's - 90's stuff, nothing metal. I use a Fender HH and another Fender SSS noiseless; What should I expect from a Champion 40?

Re: Katana to Fender Champion?

Originally posted by comstox View Post
    I have two Boss Katanas that I have been using for the past few years. (One a 100 single speaker, the other a smaller Katana 50.)
    I have been pretty satisfied with the tones I can make on the Katana, but I think i'd like to try a Fender Champion 40.
    I play Classic Rock, 60's - 90's stuff, nothing metal. I use a Fender HH and another Fender SSS noiseless; What should I expect from a Champion 40?
    The Champion amps are nice. Great cleans, easy to use. I think you'd be going in the opposite direction, but if you're hell bent on a Champion, get the 100.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shupe13 View Post
      I think you'd be going in the opposite direction,
      How so shupe?

Comment

Originally posted by comstox View Post
        How so shupe?
        Sonically the Champion is no better than the Katana (I do like the Fender cleans) and less ability to tweak the effects/recall.

The 100 is fuller sounding than the 40. I've owned them all and I believe that you'd be losing out but it's your call. I suggest you do a side by side.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shupe13 View Post
          I suggest you do a side by side.
          Yes shupe, I plan to go to the local shop sometime soon and compare. As for the 100?... This may sound silly, but this amp won't be used much. It's just for when I play with my wife. (Play GUITAR with my wife that is!) She has a Fender Rumble 80, and the amps are the same size: 17.25" x 17.25" (The 40 Champion and her Rumble.) The way we'd have them set up, they'd look cool side-by-side. I'll keep my Katana 100 for the stuff I like to play.
          Thanks for the info! The side-by-side comparison will make or break my decision.
          Last edited by comstox; 04-29-2019, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X