Incoming new amp PRS MT15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming new amp PRS MT15

Been haunted by the tones from the little PRS MT15 and found one as an open box for $500 so just ordered it.
    Now lets hope this one is as good as the 2 I have played in local shops. Both sounded fantastic and were also very quiet.
    Now question is wht to sell to pay for it.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Re: Incoming new amp PRS MT15

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
    Now question is what to sell to pay for it.
    I imagine that question plagues most of us here.

Post pics when it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      I imagine that question plagues most of us here.

Post pics when it arrives.
      Have a low interest CC for the short term but trying to pay off all my balances. Have a rule something substantial in something goes out to pay for it. Thinking for one my Modern player Tele as with the Kiesel DC 135, my now modded Strat + a couple more it rarely gets played.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

That MT15 is one of the only newer amps to give me G.A.S. and I haven't even played one!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
          That MT15 is one of the only newer amps to give me G.A.S. and I haven't even played one!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!
          I own 2 Boogies the Zinky and the old Carvin plus played Marshalls for many years. I played 2 MT15's and both floored me. I'm not that easy to impress with an amp but this one didn't just impress it blew me away! I only hope they were representative and this one is as good.
          One of the deciding factors was this review of the build quality. Amps i played sounded great but were they road worthy? This says YES!
          Last edited by Ascension; 05-01-2019, 12:31 PM.
          Guitars

Comment

Congratulations!!!

I know you’ve been jonesing for one.
            Here’s hoping she arrives safely and
            kicks some ass.

Comment

Should be here by Monday.
              Guitars

Comment

Waiting to hear your thoughts.. This seems like an awesome lil head for me. I was pretty well sold on one, especially since it doesnt have EL84s, but then I had heard some reviews that kinda made me turn away. But, as Ive stated before, you and I have very similar tastes, so I really trust your opinion... However... If you love it, I'll be chomping at the bit as I have no means to get one... DOH!!! hahaha
                I do hope you love it though!!
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

What speakers/cab will you be using with it?
                  ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                  ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                  ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
                    What speakers/cab will you be using with it?
                    Have 3 on hand. Fender 2/12 from the 80's oversized staggered closed back cab loaded with WGS Retro 30's , Have a Blackstar 1/12 open back with another Retro and a Egnater 1/12 with a Celsestian G12 H. Have a few loose 12's also to try if I need to.
                    Bet the Blackstar 1/12 with the Retro will kill with it though as it sounds HUGE!!
                    Last edited by Ascension; 05-02-2019, 12:12 AM.
                    Guitars

Comment

PRS amps are shockingly awesome
                      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                        PRS amps are shockingly awesome
                        Have been surprised by several of late. Almost grabbed a Sonsera 20 in a local shop a while back as it floored me with the tones.
                        The Archon is a flat monster but the little MT 15 is close at a much lower price point lower wattage and in a smaller package.
                        Looking forward to working with this one and in particular dialing it in with delay and verb in the loop.
                        Guitars

Comment

I've tried a number of speakers with my MT15, so I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.
                          ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                          ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                          ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
                            I've tried a number of speakers with my MT15, so I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.
                            Same here on yours man. The 2 I played in shops seemed to really like Vintage 30's. Will let you know what seems to work when she gets here. Right now seems Monday will be the day.
                            Guitars

Comment

Tracking shows it in Birmingham so Monday for sure will post a review once I get it unpacked and run it a little.
                              Guitars

Comment

Working...
                              X