Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAD MT15 is HERE!

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    That’s good stuff as well. I find prog bands to be a bit more difficult of a listen.
    Musically, it’s amazing but there’s something about most prog vocalists that just isn’t my thing. Don’t get me wrong, they are great singers but idk, maybe it’s just not raw enough? It’s the same thing with Dream theatre. Great band, just something with the vocals that isn’t my favorite.
    But, I’m loving everything I’ve heard from Pillar so far.
    Different style for sure. Piller kinda reminds me of a Southern cal based band we opened for on a Southeastern tour back in the mid 90's called Precious Death. These guys
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

To chase a rabbit here you talking raw guttural vocals we also worked with these guys. Dale Thompson freaked me the heck OUT with some of the crazy vocal gymnastics he used to pull off some nights. Always thought Axel was a poor copy of this guy!
      Bride live in Brazil 93.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
        Different style for sure. Piller kinda reminds me of a Southern cal based band we opened for on a Southeastern tour back in the mid 90's called Precious Death. These guys
        I definitely hear that SoCal/POD vibe in Pillar. Almost that RapRock thing. I like what they do a lot.
        The other guy absolutely has the Axl Rose thing (only better) going on. I still love GnR though.

Comment

His sound sounds HUGE !

Comment

The Mt-15 is a great amp head..I had one new 6 months ago and bought it to try to use as a low volume bedroom amp,and it was almost what I needed..when turning the volume up on the high gain channel barely turning the knob up it went from very quiet to more than I wanted for this amp..I ran it into my stock EVH 2-12" with Celestion Anniversary G12H-30's and it sounded amazing !

My EVH 5150-3 head gets down and dirty at the lowest of volumes so I let the PRS go..I will probably get another one but I purchased a new Archon 25 combo and it does what i need as well.

Anyone looking for a LOUD 15-20 watt all tube head thats nice and light weight the MT-15 will get it done with 2 great channels.
            Last edited by moshpit817; 05-27-2019, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
              Arrived today and got a huge surprise. This one was supposed to be a shop demo amp open box as I paid just under $500 flat for it shipped. It wasn't!! Fully sealed boxes bags all the knob's at zero this one was brand new everything was never opened!!
              First impressions.
              First off how the heck is this thing just rated at 15 watts?? Side by side on the same cab or even with the Mesa 50 watt DC 5 on a 2/12 loaded with WGS Retro 30's and the MT5 on a 1/12 loaded with the same speaker the MT5 keeps up with the Boogie!! Heck of a LOUD amp when you crank it here!! Can easily gig out with it just like I can with both the Carvin X50 and the Boogie DC 5
              secondly tones.
              Cleans are fantastic probably the best of the 3 heads. Both the Bogie and the Carvin are very good but a little to clean for my taste. The little PRS has a little more of hat old Fender sponge to it just big rich and very friendly feeling.
              Crunch side .
              First off it's a real fire breather with a LOT of gain on tap. However is very organic and touch sensitive. Really responds well to volume roll off and touch. As well maybe as my prized Zinky does and is more dynamic in that respect than both the Carvin and the DC5 are.
              Just giving my ears a bit of a break and haven't worked with the loop yet. Has just a bit if light hiss at gain but not bad at all.
              Also loves these Retro 30 loaded cabs sounds massive through the open back 1/12 which works out great because that makes for a small portable rig that absolutely KILLS in tone!!
              Reverb pedals work really well in the loop of these..also you are right about these,they can get loud when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by moshpit817 View Post
                The Mt-15 is a great amp head..I had one new 6 months ago and bought it to try to use as a low volume bedroom amp,and it was almost what I needed..when turning the volume up on the high gain channel barely turning the knob up it went from very quiet to more than I wanted for this amp..I ran it into my stock EVH 2-12" with Celestion Anniversary G12H-30's and it sounded amazing !

My EVH 5150-3 head gets down and dirty at the lowest of volumes so I let the PRS go..I will probably get another one but I purchased a new Archon 25 combo and it does what i need as well.

Anyone looking for a LOUD 15-20 watt all tube head thats nice and light weight the MT-15 will get it done with 2 great channels.
                How does the archon 25 compare to the evh 5150? I have the evh but am curious about the archon 25 as a better alternative?
                Kiesel Aries Blood Red (M22SD/M22V)
                ESP LTD KH Quija Red Sparkle
                Friedman Be-OD Deluxe/AMT P-Drive, Boss RV-6 --> AMT Tube Cake --> 1x12" EVH Cab w/ Celestion Lynchback

Comment

Originally posted by jclogston View Post
                  How does the archon 25 compare to the evh 5150? I have the evh but am curious about the archon 25 as a better alternative?
                  I REALLY like the Archon 25 it's got a GREAT clean and the crunch side is very dynamic smooth and big sounding. I prefer it to the 5150 tones myself. I find the PRS much more touch sensitive and dynamic in comparison to the 5150. The voicing is similar.
                  I looked hard at the Archon 50 head but size weight and cost were major factors so went with the MT 15. I own 2 GREAT 25 watt combos now so was looking for a head. Doing the Modern woship thing many times I run an amp on stage long speaker cable to a miced cab off stage so that was the reason for looking specifically for a small head.
                  Last edited by Ascension; 05-31-2019, 11:31 AM.
                  Guitars

Comment

First off while my MT 15 is a little touchy at the bottom of the master volume I have not had any issue whatsoever getting a GREAT low volume tone with mine.
                    The more I play with this amp the more I REALLY like it. I had a couple hours today to really play around with it and also to play with the loop. First off this amp is VERY dynamic and really picks up the character of different guitars and different pickup combos. The clips I posted with the ST 300 were very different from the tone I got today with my other guitars.
                    Example the ST 300 is loaded with Dimarzios a Gravity Storm bridge and a Liquifire neck. Both big fat and compressed Alnico V pickups. Plug in the DC 127 Koa with the sentient and Alt 8 and it's a whole different world. Cuts well incredible dynamics with touch and volume roll off, has explosive harmonics, a super clear top and nice cut but still a very meaty thick full tone. Every guitar I plugged in sounded unique and different.
                    The cleans are the very best of all my amps very forgiving Fender like and warm. Like the crunch side also picks up the unique character of each guitar pickup combo.
                    Overall it may be the best sounding amp I own and with a pair of Boogies the Carvin and the Zinky that is saying something.
                    Can't wait until I can get it out in a full band situation as that will be the real test. Have had amps before that sounded amazing here but didn't cut it when you got them in a full band mix so we shall see.
                    Last edited by Ascension; 06-01-2019, 12:04 AM.
                    Guitars

Comment

I’m surprised you haven’t taken this amp to the church gig the first week you got it!!
                      Loved your demos btw....great tones.

Comment

I’m surprised you haven’t taken this amp to the church gig the first week you got it!!
                        Loved your demos btw....great tones.
                        Have the old Carvin at Church and it's dialed in pretty well. Have a couple things on the horizon that I want the MT 15 for and am working on a pedal board just for it. With our current Sound guy ( like the guy just not a great ear so--) it would be a waste to pull it into the Church plus that old Carvin is honkin HUGE so it's where it needs to stay.
                        This is from this morning with the old Carvin.
                        Last edited by Ascension; 06-02-2019, 08:53 PM.
                        Guitars

Comment

Playing around today trying to decide on some pickup changes in the Carvin DC 40 and St 30 what goes where.
                          Recorded the Kiesel Dc through the PRS MT 15 with the Apii's and the Perpetual burn clean to crunch to clean and running a Boss DD3 on some of it nothing else. you will see what I am talking here when you listen to the ST 300 clip with the Dimarzios in how this amp really picks up the character of different guitars and pickups.
                          Have a pair of Sentients to go in the neck on the 2 Carvins and one is getting a perpetual burn in the bridge the other a 59 Custom Hybrid but where the bridge pickups go s what i am deciding. The Dimarzio set is just not my thing to dark and compressed.
                          Kiesel perptet Ap11's clip

Carvin ST 300 clip

I can thicken the perpet up with eq and roll on some more gain to get close to the Dirmarzio tone but the Dimarzio I cant go the other way with so--.
                          Last edited by Ascension; 06-03-2019, 03:30 PM.
                          Guitars

Comment

Idk man...they both sounded killer.
                            The PB def has more crisp clear high end. It cleans up nice. The clean passages had a wonderful chime and it seems somewhat compressed....in a good way.

The DM’s were def darker but sounded so full and warm. Also cleaned up nicely.
                            That’s a tough call...they both sounded fantastic in their own way.

Comment

Idk man...they both sounded killer.
                              The PB def has more crisp clear high end. It cleans up nice. The clean passages had a wonderful chime and it seems somewhat compressed....in a good way.

The DM’s were def darker but sounded so full and warm. Also cleaned up nicely.
                              That’s a tough call...they both sounded fantastic in their own way.
                              The Liquifier will go for sure as it's just way to hot and dark for what I want as a neck pickup. Think it would make a nice PAF on steroids bridge pickup though.The Gravity Storm is a little dark and compressed but in a good way it may stay. Kinda thinking after today about dropping a PAF Joe in the neck of the ST 300 and keeping the Gravity storm in the Bridge. Have a Black Sentient/ 59 Custom Hybrid set and a Zebra Perpetual Burn /Sentient set that need to go some where. One will go in the DC 400 with the mahogany neck and body and actives which one is the ? Just not digging the stock Carvin C 22's in that guitar
                              Last edited by Ascension; 06-03-2019, 06:27 PM.
                              Guitars

Comment

I think all of your option would work! You have some nice pickups to choose from.

They are a little expensive but if you’ve never tried the Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell set, you should.

Quite possibly the best rock pickups I’ve ever used. I’ve got them in 2 guitars. The neck is especially great. It’s thick , round and not tubby in the low end at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X