Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie 1x12 cab's

Hello everyone,
    What is your opinion on the 1x12 recto cabs? V30 loaded.

Re: Mesa Boogie 1x12 cab's

For more information on this product: https://bit.ly/2XW7ebFThe Mesa Boogie Mark Five: 35 Head is a compact re-creation of the genre-spanning Mark V amplifie...

I like how a 1x12 "comps" a strats position 2 and 4 tones when clean, like the boxy midrange gells with the scoop from the pickups, not so much with distortion though however a mark with the 5 band graphic can make up for that somewhat...

Comment

I had a couple when I had my mini recto and I thought they were a little directional and boxy. I really prefer the Mesa Thiele Widebody with a V30. Granted I use it with a different amp, a Mark V 35.

Comment

Interesting. I'm picking up 2 1x12 Mesa Sealed Cab's from my friends band Guitar Player who has serious Mesa cabs.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7066.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	5814087

Name:	IMG_7064.jpg
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	5814089
          Ok So I picked up the 2 1x12 cabinets today. They are sealed back but with a slot vent off to the right side. One Say's MESA BOOGIE on the front and looks to be little older design, the other just says Boogie on it.
          I opened them up and found the older model to have a 12 inch Electro Voice Model !2L speaker and the other newer model has a Electro Voice Black Shadow 12 inch speaker in it.
          I can't wait to play through them and hear how they sound. I'm gonna run one at a time and get to know that cabinet then run the other one then as a pair. For home priactice I'm loving it as a single 12 inch is plenty for practice writing etc. Heard these cab's in a band mix and they sounded huge. The amount of bass they put out and the low end tightness was amazing.
          Does anyone know anything about them year etc?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mantis; 05-13-2019, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I can tell you that they're both Thiele cabs rather than the recto-style ported 1x12s, but I'm not sure about year of manufacture.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
              I can tell you that they're both Thiele cabs rather than the recto-style ported 1x12s, but I'm not sure about year of manufacture.
              I think so to after checking out the new version of these cab's.

Comment

These Thiele Cab's are incredible. At low volumes they breath nicely giving you a warm comfortable useable tone to get lost in. Then crank them up and fire comes out the front like Daenerys Targaryen's Dragon. Wow what tight wonderful tone you can get out of these older models. I'm truly amazed how good they are.

I have a Krank Revolution 1 combo which has internal 2 x 12 Eminence Legend speakers which in their own right sound crazy good. They thump and play metal deeply and yet give you a buttery creamy Fender like tone when trying to play clean. BUT these Mesa Boogie 1x12 cab's sound a bit different but retain wonderful. They even when running just 1 in 8ohms sound huge and much bigger then they look. The Top end I think is slightly rolled off but not where you would want to bring up the high's or Presence on your amp. It's a natural sounding roll off that kinda makes your guitar or guitars in my case I ran both Duncan Distortion and JB through it for Bridge and a 59 and Distortion bridge pickup both hum buckers for clean stuff in my 2 of my Charvel that I play most of the time ( San Dimas and a So Cal).
                I think I just need a TC-50 or a JP2C. I like both head a lot. I really Like the Mark V but none of them have midi control. I would have to put together a Amp Gizmo thing and Mid that to control the head. The TC and JP both have Midi control. I don't understand why Mesa did go midi years ago.

Comment

Those are the 112 Thiele cabs, as stated above. Great durable cabs. I have three of them to use with my Mark III and IV combos. They add tremendous punch and low-end to the Mark Series mid-focused tone. The EVM speaker is KING, imo.

Bill
                  When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
                    Those are the 112 Thiele cabs, as stated above. Great durable cabs. I have three of them to use with my Mark III and IV combos. They add tremendous punch and low-end to the Mark Series mid-focused tone. The EVM speaker is KING, imo.

Bill
                    Dude the more I play through them the more I love them. Most excellent cabinets. I wish I dug into these many years ago.

Comment

Name:	IMG_7063.jpg
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	5814110

The newer Cab has a Back Shadow. They sound just sloughy different. I might actually like the Older cab better. But together they are magic.

Comment

Great cabs. Nice score!
                        That Black Shadow is basically a rebranded 200w EV for Mesa. Different than the later produced Mesa C90 Black Shadow which is a tweaked Classic Lead 80.
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
                          Great cabs. Nice score!
                          That Black Shadow is basically a rebranded 200w EV for Mesa. Different than the later produced Mesa C90 Black Shadow which is a tweaked Classic Lead 80.
                          +1

Both of those speakers are EVM 12Ls, the only difference is when they were made.
                          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
                          X