Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie Head

Hello all,
    Since the Mark V doesn't have Midi on it, how do you control it? Amp Gismo is the solution? The JP2C and the TC-50 both have Midi control which makes it easier for me as I use a ES-8 Boss Pedal switcher with Midi control.
    I like all 3 head a lot and don't really favor one or the other unless you ask me about the TC-50 and I 'll probably favor that head as it's amazing how damn good it is.
    The Mark V is no slouch I love the flexibility and the EQ but no Midi. The JP2C is expensive but man is it a great sounding head and has Midi.
    The TC-50 might be the one but I still really dig the Mark V. What are you guys using and how far can you go with control over the Mark V with a external switcher with Midi control?

Thanks guys

Re: Mesa Boogie Head

Yes you can use an Amp Gizmo with it I will allow you to control any of the functions that the 8 button foot switch controls
    sigpic
    Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

If you insist on MIDI, the Amp Gizmo will work, although you will be connecting the Amp Gizmo to the Mark V via the control jacks on the back of the Mark V.

Alternatively you can simply connect the ES-8 CTRL 1/2 and 3/4 jacks to the Mesa Mark V control jacks. You will need breakout cables (single stereo to dual mono). Then you will use the CTRL in latching mode to enable Channel 2 or 3 (leaving them both off goes to Channel 1) as well as Solo and EQ. I attached the manual showing the jacks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	30CFE6A9-1BE6-4917-A6B7-5746E1E2CA16.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	5814123
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

To clarify, as I understand it from the Amp Gizmo website, the Gizmo uses a cable that you also have to buy from them that connects the Gizmo to the foot switch DIN jack
        sigpic
        Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Originally posted by allbutromeo View Post
          To clarify, as I understand it from the Amp Gizmo website, the Gizmo uses a cable that you also have to buy from them that connects the Gizmo to the foot switch DIN jack
          I didn’t realize the Amp Gizmo also has the DIN style output and custom cables. That’s pretty cool.

I’d try the ES-8 CTRL outs first, as a cheaper alternative.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I think I'll have to look into both options. The Mark V is a strong consideration for my new head as I'm gonna sit down and play all 3 and see which one i like the sound better. It's really tuff as last time I played them I kinda favored the TC-50. But there is some magic inside the Mark V and also some really great tones out of the JP2C. Wish I had enough money to buy all 3 as I can see using all of them.

Comment

I quit playing piano to never have to deal with MIDI. Good luck man.
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                I think I'll have to look into both options. The Mark V is a strong consideration for my new head as I'm gonna sit down and play all 3 and see which one i like the sound better. It's really tuff as last time I played them I kinda favored the TC-50. But there is some magic inside the Mark V and also some really great tones out of the JP2C. Wish I had enough money to buy all 3 as I can see using all of them.
                If you have any issues programming or connecting it, feel free to message.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                  If you have any issues programming or connecting it, feel free to message.
                  Awesome man thanks

Comment

I love my MkV, but the TC 50 is a great amp too, I've never had a chance to play through a JP2C
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by allbutromeo View Post
                      I love my MkV, but the TC 50 is a great amp too, I've never had a chance to play through a JP2C
                      it's a real treat to play any one of these extremely fine amps. The JP2C has a incredible clean channel with 2 monstrous gain channels that you can tame down and have rock tones easy. It's comparable to the MarV but seems more polished. I love the Mark V and it's on my list of heads I want but I really wish Mesa would have just put Midi on it to make it much easier and way more flexible to control. I never found any bad tones in the Mark V.
                      The TC-50 is something special. It's so good it's hard to pass on.

Comment

The Triple Crown is one heck of an amp.
                        Cleany, clean/dirty clean, dirty/dirtier dirt,dirty dirt/smack you around and then sleep with your wife. It can do it.
                        I have the 100.

Comment

Originally posted by PS412 View Post
                          The Triple Crown is one heck of an amp.
                          Cleany, clean/dirty clean, dirty/dirtier dirt,dirty dirt/smack you around and then sleep with your wife. It can do it.
                          I have the 100.
                          I have not played through the 100, how is it compared to the 50?

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                            I have not played through the 100, how is it compared to the 50?
                            Very close to the same to my ears. A little deeper, richer, fuller.

Comment

Working...
                            X