Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What happened to Trace Elliot?

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    I thought York picked them up for a bit? Maybe the PA stuff...And yeah - the bass stuff was pretty nice, as was the Acoustic. See some pedals now and again on the Bay.

And the Gibson Goldtone amps:

Were flat-out stole from T/E's Velocette:

You mention York. They make pound for pound dollar for dollar the best Bass gear there is IMO. Their solid state bass gear hangs neck and neck with any GK and Ampeg gear. -and for 2/3 the price.

Of course it can't hurt that they used to be Traynor -which made some all time stuff.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Yeah - Gibson totally bought up and rebranded those TE Velocettes for their Goldtone series, which were totally adored by the world. Because they ARE awesome amps.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
        Way too big Neon Green logo
        I saw that on some of their bass gear the other day. Well, probably easier to find on a dark stage...

Comment

Originally posted by Laughing Kookaburra View Post
          I saw that on some of their bass gear the other day. Well, probably easier to find on a dark stage...
          I either removed the logo or sharpied over the big Trace Elliot logo on my bass gear in the mid 90s -can't remember which. I figured they ought to be paying me money for such an obnoxious billboard on stage.

In fact none of my cabinets have their grill logo on them right now, Marshalls, Fenders, Vox, Standel, Peavey, etc --but mainly because I didn't want any possibility of rattling when recording them.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Years ago I traded a 1958 Fender Tweed Deluxe for a Trace Elliott Bonneville 4X10 and it is still a magnificent guitar amp. 50 watts, 3 variable preamp, triode/pentode switch, 6L6/EL34, bias pots, series/parallel effects loop, etc.

I removed the bottom 2 Celestions for a pair of Weber Alnico Californias and the combination of the Alnico and Ceramic magnets sound amazing.

Comment

Such a shame that a name that carries massive weight (pun thoroughly intended) has been left to stagnate and rot. They could still do amazing business given the right owners and direction.
              Always be yourself unles you can be a capibara, then be a capibara

Comment

^^^^ Yup. And, since I can hijack my own thread, it is funny how many "acoustic" amps, make killer electric amps. Especially when you want to play clean, or demo a pedal.

Comment

Working...
                X