banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your stereo, w/d and w/d/w rigs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Show us your stereo, w/d and w/d/w rigs!

Originally posted by NecroPolo View Post
    Do you mean, in the moment or on the planet?
    Well, now that you mention it both
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
      Well, now that you mention it both
      In the moment, in my tiny 3x 3m project studio jailroom that is a chaotic mess of recording and gutar gear and the only free place on the world to me.

I'm located in East Europe. Scaringly close to Chernobyl and same way scaringly far away from Westworld.
      Wackor
      Ørdøg
      NecroPolo
      Diabolus in Musica
      SIDrip Alliance
      Book of Shadows
      RKH

Comment

In the moment, in my tiny 3x 3m project studio jailroom that is a chaotic mess of recording and gutar gear and the only free place on the world to me.

I'm located in East Europe. Scaringly close to Chernobyl and same way scaringly far away from Westworld.
        Ukranian or Belarus than eh? cool.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Ukranian or Belarus than eh? cool.
          No, a littlebit further. I'm in Hungary but 1000km is not a big distance really. I can remember when certain trees dropped all leaves after the nuclear incident in 1986. Then came the news.
          Last edited by NecroPolo; 06-09-2019, 04:08 PM.
          Wackor
          Ørdøg
          NecroPolo
          Diabolus in Musica
          SIDrip Alliance
          Book of Shadows
          RKH

Comment

Cool looking rig. Sorry, I'm just trying to follow the scenarios -I don't use stereo usually. in a mono mix club, does your approach change or do you keep it consistent and either use for an FOH blend etc?

i think my confusion is people on here keep mixing up the term "stereo' when they mean "dual mono"
            Thanks..it's light enough lugging them around & they're nice sounding amps. (one quite modern & the other is Sabbath in a box). Being the only guitarist in the band ..it's great being able to emulate a dual axe attack. While I leave the technical stuff to the sound guy (who's practically part of the band & been doing our live stuff for years) he assures me that it's 'true stereo' he sets things up for.

If it's a mono venue I just use one of those Laboga's lol ..or another amp. The stereo thing does sound way different/huge though... I always get off stage with a long cable during soundchecks and walk around a bit & the difference is very obvious. The Mimic is a great pedal for it..
            "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
            If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

No, a littlebit further. I'm in Hungary but 1000km is not a big distance really. I can remember when certain trees dropped all leaves after the nuclear incident in 1986. Then came the news.
              Cool. I grew up in the US with a couple of Hungarian metal heads.. good dudes.

Comment

My modest stereo bedroom rig uses my DSL40CR and a BOSS GT-100 in 5CM. The second out (R/hand) from the GT-100 (cable 5) goes into the FX return of a VS65R (SS power amp only). So any overdrives go into the DSL preamps, then stereo time based effects are added before being passed back to the FX returns of both amps.

Comment

This works for me :

Click image for larger version

Name:	11008860_10155189901580618_1332963133_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	5814585
                  Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

This is my humble wet/dry. SS-20 preamp into a Stealth Power amp. LS-2 being used to split the preamp, left is dry, rigth is wet, TC Mimiq is there to enhance the note separation. The cabs have Celestion Century Vintage and Lynchback. By the way, now that I have been able to A/B those speakers I am surprised to say I really like the Century Vintage more than the Lynchback, both are cool anyway. liked the H2O a lot before getting this rig completed but now it really shines, instant Eric Johnson cleans.

Name:	IMG_1918.jpg
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	5814654

Name:	IMG_1919.jpg
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	5814655
                    Who took my guitar?

Comment