PRS MT15 or Mesa Mini Rectifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS MT15 or Mesa Mini Rectifier

Anyone with experience with both? Which is louder? Which sounds bigger? Which records better? Which sounds better at low volumes? Can either hang in a full-band scenario? What's the low-end like on both? Are they anything alike?

Thanks.

Re: PRS MT15 or Mesa Mini Rectifier

I looked at both bought the MT 15. HUGE price difference first off.
    Both are great amps but that price difference is a major factor.
    The little PRS will hang with my 50 watt Mesa DC 5 volume wise it's LOUD tight and will have no issue hanging in a full band situation in anything under a big outdoor or arena show.
    The Mesa is easier to control at low volumes but I can get bedroom levels with the MT 15 if I work with it.
    Cleans are no contest the PRS has the much better bigger more forgiving cleans.
    The Mesa is more versatile in the Crunches with a wider range of tones in particular lower gain tones as the PRS is a real fire breather on gain. I find the PRS much more organic feeling dynamic and touch sensitive of the 2 with a bigger very modern sound. This is likely in part due to the PRS running a pair of 6L6's and the Mesa EL 84's so it's bigger on the bottom and tighter.
    Last edited by Ascension; 06-08-2019, 09:05 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
    X