Atomic Firebox vs. Palladium for preamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atomic Firebox vs. Palladium for preamp

Looking for some advice on these two. Specifically looking for a nice preamp to go with the duncan powerstage. From the palladium demos it appears that I could use the boost as a bit of a broken up clean channel.

The music store by me doesn't carry either, so unable to compare unfortunately.

I've previously had the POD HD 400 which I wasn't super happy with due to the inability to run a compressor and clean boost or EQ at the same time. That said, I'm not at all opposed to modelers.

Re: Atomic Firebox vs. Palladium for preamp

Well, the Firebox models a few different amps, from Fenders, to Peaveys to SVTs. The Palladium is essentially a preamp for gain. It doesn't have presets or effects. So they are not really the same product. Besides different preamps and effects, the Firebox models the cab and mic and is designed to plug into a PA directly. The Palladium works in conjunction with your amp and cab to provide another preamp sound.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

What Mincer said, 2 very different products. The Firebox IS a digital modeler that can model a lot of amps as well as some effects, the Palladium is an analog distortion/preamp pedal, basically a one trick pony with a lot of tonal adjustment. The Firebox also has cab sims so you can record direct or go straight to the PA.

Comment

i like the palladium a lot for what it does but the boost isnt independent and only works when the pedal is on.

Comment

Working...
        X