X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts? Laney Cab

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/msg...910335286.html
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Thoughts? Laney Cab

The speakers are probably worth that, especially if they are made in the UK. It's basically the same as a Marshall cab of that era, except you won't get a Marshall for that price.

*EDIT* Apparently there is a lot of love and hate for the G12M-70s, I don't remember what was in my old Marshall cabs, so I can't comment. You probably want to take an amp and try out the cab. The good news is the cab looks to be all wood and not MDF.
    devastone
    Mojo's Minions
    Last edited by devastone; 06-23-2019, 09:27 AM.

Comment

People don't like the 12M-70 for the same reasons that are given for not liking the JB; they think that they sound ice picky. Personally, I don't hear it. I like that quality in them because they tend to be able to cut through a mix well.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

It's worth it for the cab alone, if you don't like the speakers sell them for $25 a piece & you have a cab for $50 outlay.

V30's & greenbacks pop up 2nd hand on ebay all the time replace them with those

Comment

It's probably plenty durable but if it's anything like my AOR50 combo excessively heavy.

Comment

It's a nice solid cab..I have the Camo version. Change speakers according to taste. I've got the HH...people grumble about them but I think they sound fine ..The trick is to dial your amp's treble back a bit more than you normally would ..they actually have a nice sweet top end if you use your ears to dial your tone in
            "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
            If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I have no experience with the cab but I do have with the matching amp. If the cab is half as well made as the head then it's a good deal.
              Wackor
              Ørdøg
              NecroPolo
              Diabolus in Musica
              SIDrip Alliance
              Book of Shadows
              RKH

Comment

Working...
              X