NAD... Bad Cat Cub III 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD... Bad Cat Cub III 15

Legacy K Master series handwired amp [2xEL84]. Had a great review typed up, but every time I try to link to a photo, it blows my text away. Maybe I'll try to edit the post and type all that again tomorrow. Short review... AWESOME amp!!!

Edit for review:

The amp can sound like the Deluxe Reverb FSR sitting next to it, but so much more. I can select EF86 or 12AX7 preamp tubes, it's got a selectable boost as well. And the K Master (power tube master) is so nice. I can run that high and keep the volume low, to get power tube compression going. Or use the volume higher with the K Master down for more grind. It's just a wonderful little amp. I wish I would have had it when I was gigging a lot.

Last edited by Red_Label; 07-01-2019, 08:02 AM.
    "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Re: NAD... Bad Cat Cub III 15

bat cat makes a nice amp for sure! pentode preamps can be a very cool thing

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      bat cat makes a nice amp for sure! pentode preamps can be a very cool thing
      Indeed. As a cleanish amp, I would put it right up there with all my favorites that I've owned... such as the Tone King Metro, Straub Hurdy Gurdy, Deluxe Reverb FSR (I've had two of those), Friedman Buxom Betty, Fender Twin and SuperSonic Twin, Germino Club 40, etc.
      "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

Comment

did they make a reverb cub 3? a buddy had a black cat 30r and the reverb was glorious

Comment

W-0-0-T W-0-0-T !!!
          Congratulations, that must be a glorious ride.
          "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            did they make a reverb cub 3? a buddy had a black cat 30r and the reverb was glorious
            I believe they did. The amp's instrction card mentions reverb. I'm fine without it though. I like my Line 6 M9s overall for live quality FX. I'm running everything up front, but the amp does have a loop.

Comment

Working...
            X