Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience with ISO Cabs and ISO "Amps"

Good day,

For anyone who has use Isolation Cabinets/Boxes in live settings, how would you compare it to without one for tone?

Also, I learned that combo amps cannot really be put into a box for sound purposes because they overheat too easily when enclosed like that whereas cabs are fine in this regard. How would I mitigate the heat problem for a combo amp in this regard?

I'm thinking of custom building an isolation box for combo amps and/or cabs, but I need to solve the heat problem with combo amps. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    GreatOz

Re: Experience with ISO Cabs and ISO "Amps"

In any setting you get great isolation from extraneous noise. I have a killer Demeter Iso box. I used it live a few times but for bar/club/backyard gigs it wasn't practical. Big, heavy and not worth the extra effort. For tracking in a simple home studio environment it works a treat for me as I HATE tracking guitar with headphones as they just slow me down. Stick the iso box someplace where cranked studio monitors can't get inside and get to work. Anything that I can do to make the recording process easier really helps me be more creative.

As for sticking a combo in an iso box, there's really no point. Use the combo as a head and feed an iso cab.

Comment

Re: Experience with ISO Cabs and ISO "Amps"

Thank you for your input; weight is a factor that I will definitely consider when designing my own.

Comment

Working...
      X