Need help with guitar monitor for drummer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with guitar monitor for drummer

Hey everyone. So I use a Laney IRT 60 head. I run a 4ohlm 4x12 cab off of it. There are other ports for different cabs, however I read that missmatching ohlm cabs is not good for tube amps. We play hard rock, my drummer hits hard. For some of our shows, the cab placement makes it hard for my drummer to hear. Sometimes he is on a raiser as well. I need a monitor for him. He mostly just cares about hearing me for our changes. Trying to keep my setup as simple as I can, I was thinking I can mic my cab into powered monitor, Ill need a small mixer as well I assume. Theres another option of using a second head (I have a backup solid state) I can use. But then Ill have 2 amps to switch channels through the songs. If anyone has any ideas I love some input. Thanks

Re: Need help with guitar monitor for drummer

I'd say the best situation would be for him to invest in a good IEM system. This is his problem to figure out monitoring, though, not yours.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

He needs a monitor as it would be to his advantage to divert any band instrument his way should it be necessary. A wedge with a 10-12" woofer and a horn should suffice. Passive vs. active?...kinda depends on what your PA looks like now.

Comment

Buy a separate tube half-stack and point it directly at him.
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

do you mic everything now? if not, you may be able run a line out of your amp either into your ss amp or a monitor or something else. that way you are basically sending the same signal to the other speaker, preserving your tonal changes and such without having to switch multiple things

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
            Buy a separate tube half-stack and point it directly at him.
            +1

This is a legit approach to the problem.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              I'd say the best situation would be for him to invest in a good IEM system. This is his problem to figure out monitoring, though, not yours.
              Mincer is absolutely right. I would take his post and quote it directly to your drummer.

Comment

Run a Roland Cube from your DI output on the back of your amp. This can go right up on your drummer tight

You also can mix in a club mix to stero in, or the bass player or a mic plit too if you want.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-08-13 15.46.46.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	5816735

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-08-13 15.47.09.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	5816736
                Last edited by NegativeEase; 08-13-2019, 03:40 PM.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

i suggested using your existing ss amp instead of the cube, but thats much cuter

Comment

Working...
                  X