Line 6 Spider Valve MkII 2x12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Spider Valve MkII 2x12

Just traded another amp for this thing, and am very pleased with it. I always heard bad things about them, and spider series amps in general, but this thing is pretty nice. Clean tones are really good. Well, coming from a dual rec and a 5150, any clean tone would be nice than the ones on those amps, but it's nice to finally be able to play around with a decent clean tone for sure.

The high gain sounds are where it really shines for me. Used it at practice last night, and it is honestly the best tone I've had in a long time. I used the metal blue channel with the gain dialed back a bit. The power tubes really done their job adding that punch and warmth to the sound that we all like. Very underrated amp IMO.

Anybody else have any experience with these amps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Re: Line 6 Spider Valve MkII 2x12

I have the 100 watt head version and I usually run it through a ported 2x12.
    I love mine, but even after 2 years I'm still only beginning to scratch the surface of what it can do.
    I love reading the "modeler vs tube" threads now, because, well, there is a third path.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

For the price and features, they're not bad. I wouldn't prefer it for anything but I'd use it at a gig or a jam, sure.
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

You’ve heard bad things about this or Spyders in general? I’ve heard good things about the Spyder Valve.

First hand experience told me the first two generations of the Spyder were lackluster.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have a Spider IV 15 watt. If you're upset because the Fender setting doesn't have all the nuance of your '67 Deluxe, you're an idiot. If you're trying to get some chunky chunk at extremely low volumes, it's pretty sweet. Would love to try the Valve model.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

A few guys around my neck of the woods have had problems with the spider valve 1x12s cutting out and changing patches randomly on them. A couple of other guys were telling me that they sound terrible. I'm guessing they never cranked em up.

And as far as the spider 3 and 4, I have played those in the head versions and matching cabs that friends have owned. I thought they were ok sounding, could benefit from a speaker change, but they hated em. The market around here for modeling amps sucks, nobody owns em for long. Tube snobs I presume. There are an overabundance of country players here that run old fenders and whatnot. Guess they would be embarrassed to have one of these on stage cuz it doesn't say fender on the grill.

Comment

Originally posted by InbredJunk View Post
              A few guys around my neck of the woods have had problems with the spider valve 1x12s cutting out and changing patches randomly on them. A couple of other guys were telling me that they sound terrible. I'm guessing they never cranked em up.

And as far as the spider 3 and 4, I have played those in the head versions and matching cabs that friends have owned. I thought they were ok sounding, could benefit from a speaker change, but they hated em. The market around here for modeling amps sucks, nobody owns em for long. Tube snobs I presume. There are an overabundance of country players here that run old fenders and whatnot. Guess they would be embarrassed to have one of these on stage cuz it doesn't say fender on the grill.

The Valve is still doing that garbage? The first gen definitely did that. That’s completely unacceptable.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I dont know anybody who has a mkII. They were the first ones.

Comment

Working...
                X