Vox AC10 C-1 for Fender Deville 410

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox AC10 C-1 for Fender Deville 410

Have been looking to downsize my amp (Fender Deville 410) because I don't play gigs anymore and it's just too much amp. I have an offer to get a Vox AC10 C-1 for straight up trade. My amp is about 10 years old, the Vox is brand new.

Am I getting ripped off?

99.9% of the time I am just playing at home with a loop pedal or backing track, but do occasionally jam with 2 guitars, bass, and drums. So my only fear is that the Vox may not hold up volume in that setting.

Thoughts? Advice?

Re: Vox AC10 C-1 for Fender Deville 410

That Vox is a GREAT little amp -it's around 450-500 new, I think those Devilles were in the 900.00 range, and go for 400-500 now

So if it's really "New" . they are close to equivalent value on the open market -so not a "rip off" at all if you value an amp's newness
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

10w can be loud but wont be clean and loud. id think the fender would be worth a bit more than the vox

Comment

I'm waiting for VOX to reissue a hand-wired AC10 2x10 combo. I can dream, can't I?

Comment

I don't like the closed back, Not with valves. You would need to make an opening at back, the power valves are too close to the speaker..that needs looking at too

Comment

Originally posted by Gold star View Post
            I don't like the closed back, Not with valves. You would need to make an opening at back, the power valves are too close to the speaker..that needs looking at too
            I've owned one for 4 years -so far, I've never had an issue with heat and the closed back or proximity to speaker with heat, it's not the quietest of the AC of course and it needs tightening up once a year (I'mnot sure the Chinese construction is not quite up to my UK AC15 standards) -but it's flown in a road case to several continents and a few islands without a single issue. 10 watts from 2 EL84s and some 12AX7s aren't exactly bringing a lot of heat.

Also, I get a lot of compliments on tone when I use it, which kind of irritates me -as it's my backup for back line or single show fly-in amp -it's not supposed to get more compliments than my main rig.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I have one too with a Greenback 10..my first all valve amp having used SS for a long time. maybe i'm not used to the kind of heat generated. The metal top panel and back felt quite warm at times, the main transformer gets warm too. I opened up a section in the lower back exposing the EL84's , put a vent above the power valve platform and put a heat sink on the back metal panel. The overall tone and voicing on this and reverb are very good. Gain is more of a mild overdrive..
              Last edited by Gold star; 09-04-2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

How was the gain/overdrive on yours? the gain on mine just makes it louder but there is no proper distortion there at all..

Comment

Working...
                X