Orange Crush 35 RT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Crush 35 RT

I had a Crush 20LDX that had a great clean tone, but the overdrive channel was a joke; ultimately sold it because of that, and didn’t really like the 8” speaker for higher volumes.

I like the idea of having a small combo with an effects loop - I’m hoping the 35RT can deliver on that, giving a somewhat Orange-ish driven sound (not like the weird half-clean 20LDX dirt) and still giving the alarmingly good cleans of that amp. These get good reviews; any comments/alternatives I should look for, considering these are typically available $150 - $200 ?
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Re: Orange Crush 35 RT

Originally posted by Silence Kid View Post
    I had a Crush 20LDX that had a great clean tone, but the overdrive channel was a joke; ultimately sold it because of that, and didn’t really like the 8” speaker for higher volumes.

I like the idea of having a small combo with an effects loop - I’m hoping the 35RT can deliver on that, giving a somewhat Orange-ish driven sound (not like the weird half-clean 20LDX dirt) and still giving the alarmingly good cleans of that amp. These get good reviews; any comments/alternatives I should look for, considering these are typically available $150 - $200 ?
    Orange 8" inch speakers are that bad, you wouldn't be able to say nothing about quality of the amp with that. Just my two cents
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Re: Orange Crush 35 RT

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
      Orange 8" inch speakers are that bad, you wouldn't be able to say nothing about quality of the amp with that. Just my two cents
      Agreed the Crush 20 was hampered by the small 8" speaker, but my concern with the drive channel is apart from that and extremely specific - the 'drive' would keep your clean tone totally intact, but also duplicate it in a fuzzed-out way. So you could always hear the clean sound of the guitar in the background (or even louder than) the distortion - in effect was a lot like an annoying/poor quality YouTube video where the strings of the guitar are still audible above your MetalZone, or whatever. That's not related to the speaker; though at least I didn't hate the clean tone, even with the 8" .

My understanding is the 'RT' series use a different circuit than the earlier amps though, hoping the new ones have a more reasonable dirty channel.
      Originally posted by King Buzzo
      I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Working...
      X