Clear All

• Small NAD review

Micro size

Click image for larger version

Name:	82a30fba94f0407dd1c534f13893943f.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	5852713
    (Well not mine in picture but that's what it looks.)

Picked up Mooer Baby bomb for 50€ from classifieds. It was practocally brand new. Really lives up to it's name. It's freakishly loud to be 30w amp... not to mention the size of it.

First of all I run Mustang modeler through it, which I thought demonstrated how bad power amp in that is. Was a huge improvement. Models sounded just really, really good. Didn't expect that.

After running it straight from pedal board (I don't have any usable preamp but Mustang for it yet) I think it at least as much or more due the goodness of the pedal.

It's not clean power amp, but exactly opposite: A real guitar power amp. Low levels it's pristine, smooth, almost blackface like lively cleans, albeit darker, and when you add volume it starts to break up in very Bassman like way. Loosely gritty boom, and very loud.

It's brilliant I think, not much headroom, but has good (and loud! did I mention) power amp distortion that I really did not expect.

Can't wait to try it with Tech21 blonde that's coming in mail.
    Last edited by Jacew; 09-02-2019, 11:08 AM.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Re: Small NAD review

That’s a power amp? Wow. I had seen the EHX ones but that ridiculous. Lol

Comment

I hadn't heard of this one. Thanks for the review!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

NecroPolo got me thinking about using something like this and an AMT preamp pedal. I'm too happy with my modded-to-JCM800 Jet City at the moment to get clearance from the wife to do away with it and go a completely different route. I really like the idea, though. Thanks for letting us know about another option.

Comment

I'm still waiting the tech21 blonde to arrive so I could try it out. Postal workers went on strike early in the week, because they tried to cut salaries by moving many of them under less favourable labor agreement...

I planned to replace my living room/grab'n'go amp with this setup. I have Mooer Echoverb to add between. Not particularly good reverb, but does it's job: Dialing it in meant long time of rolling the knobs until I got it to sound not like plastic bucket.

Edit: It does have good delay though.
          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
          Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
          X