amp help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amp help.

so im gettin my first tube amp soon and need advice. (its a B-52 AT100) the place i bought it from has a 48 hr period where i can make sure its not broken. what should i check to make sure it didnt get fubar'd in shipping?
    [shameless advertisement] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh1..._as=subscriber

Originally posted by BloodRose
    And, any time you get hung up with your vocals, scream YA UH! OOOOOOOO... Works for Het...

Re: amp help.

1 - cab/finish damage that wasn’t covered in the original listing (whether new or used)

2 - a full tube set, with the right tubes in each position

3 - all the knobs and switches are where they’re meant to be and as per listing

4 - speaker connected at both ends of the cable

5 - power it up on standby. Does it power up? (Don’t plug in guitar yet)

6 - take it off standby. Do you get sound out of the speaker (hiss/hum)?

7 - plug in guitar, can you hear it through the speaker?

8 - check all the knobs and switches do what they’re meant to (inc. footswitch, if this amp comes with one)

That’s about all you can do to check it isn’t a lemon - any other problems will show up over time - which is just what happens with tube amps.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

You would be better off with a used Marshall DSL IMO>

I got an AT-100 from a friend 12 years ago & couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
        1 - cab/finish damage that wasn’t covered in the original listing (whether new or used)

2 - a full tube set, with the right tubes in each position

3 - all the knobs and switches are where they’re meant to be and as per listing

4 - speaker connected at both ends of the cable

5 - power it up on standby. Does it power up? (Don’t plug in guitar yet)

6 - take it off standby. Do you get sound out of the speaker (hiss/hum)?

7 - plug in guitar, can you hear it through the speaker?

8 - check all the knobs and switches do what they’re meant to (inc. footswitch, if this amp comes with one)

That’s about all you can do to check it isn’t a lemon - any other problems will show up over time - which is just what happens with tube amps.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        im getting the head version because i already have a 4x12 cab, but thanks for the advice
        [shameless advertisement] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh1..._as=subscriber

Originally posted by BloodRose
        And, any time you get hung up with your vocals, scream YA UH! OOOOOOOO... Works for Het...

Comment

Working...
        X