Went stereo tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went stereo tonight.

At rehearsal. Such a cool sound. I did spread them a little more halfway through the night.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DB0FBB4B-251F-4429-A972-2F5708E77082.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	5852853

Re: Went stereo tonight.

That does look fun! I think it would be a blast at home, but I don't know if I'd like dragging 2 amps to gigs.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

For the bedroom, stereo amping is a glorious luxury.
      I have a VS65R loop return fed from a DSL40CR in 4CM to a BOSS GT-100. Swirly!

And then I can split them if a mate comes over.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        That does look fun! I think it would be a blast at home, but I don't know if I'd like dragging 2 amps to gigs.
        Yeah, I’m not planning on dragging this setup to gigs, that would not be fun. I’m actually leaving these two cabs at the studio we’re rehearsing at now. Only dragging the heads back and forth.

Comment

AMT SS-20 + ISP Stealth Poweramp + Pair of 1x12 cabs, imho not too heavy, can be set all in a pedal board and the cabs cab be easy to put in and out of the trunk of the car, I have bad knees and it works for me. I put the pedalboard and cables in a carry on luggage with wheels.
          Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
            AMT SS-20 + ISP Stealth Poweramp + Pair of 1x12 cabs, imho not too heavy, can be set all in a pedal board and the cabs cab be easy to put in and out of the trunk of the car, I have bad knees and it works for me. I put the pedalboard and cables in a carry on luggage with wheels.
            That totally works. Do you get any comments from soundpeople? They look at me funny when I go stereo out of the Fractal, even if the PA is stereo (it is at most festivals).

Comment

One of my living room rigs is Art SGX-2000 into a converted Stromberg-Carlson (6L6/pp) amp in a Laney combo amp loaded with a 12 inch Peavey Scorpion for the left channel and 68 Fender Vibro Champ with a Mercury Magnetics 57 Champ OT and loaded with a 10 inch 4 ohm Peavey Scorpion for the right channel. Good stuff coming from this rig.
              Last edited by Jeffblue; 10-05-2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

That totally works. Do you get any comments from soundpeople? They look at me funny when I go stereo out of the Fractal, even if the PA is stereo (it is at most festivals).
                I am an amateur player and play with my friends or parties so no PA for me yet but anybody who has ever played in a band will look funny at you if you take 2 cabs to a gig where a single cab can be enough.
                Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
                  I am an amateur player and play with my friends or parties so no PA for me yet but anybody who has ever played in a band will look funny at you if you take 2 cabs to a gig where a single cab can be enough.
                  Well, the band doesn't care...and only some soundpeople care. It would be more of an issue to set up 2 cabs and expect them to set up 2 mics, and pan them properly. Handing them a L & R XLR out saves a lot of time, and they get a cleaner mix.

Comment

Working...
                  X