Name:	20190928_114134.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	5852869Click image for larger version

Name:	20190928_114112.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	5852870

So finally got a hold of the amp I've wanted since it was released. Someone was selling a mint, tags still attached locally. Took a shot in the dark to see if they were interested in any trades, after some serious negotiations, i ended up trading a good bit for it. I never been happier. Tonal bliss. Clean goes from blackface to tweed. While dirt is more in the JMP/JTM range. Enough gain to do some harder rock, but needs an OD for modern to metal. Pics pf my current rig.
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Re: NAD: Mesa Fillmore 50

Oh man, I’m so jealous. I’ve been eyeing it for quite a while as well!

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
      Oh man, I’m so jealous. I’ve been eyeing it for quite a while as well!

Congrats!
      Seems like Mesa went back to their roots. Simplicity at its finest. My main amp was a stiletto (which was part of the trade), i felt that i need a phd to use that amp. If you get the chance, def check one out.
      No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
      Mesa Stiletto Ace
      Gurus 5015
      Mesa Widebody 1X12
      Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
        Seems like Mesa went back to their roots. Simplicity at its finest. My main amp was a stiletto (which was part of the trade), i felt that i need a phd to use that amp. If you get the chance, def check one out.
        I hear you

I now use a PRRI with a 12 or a 5e3 clone and my dream is to have both in one so when is saw this one (the 25 with 6v6 actually) I was sold. I’m definitely looking forward to play one but didn’t see them locally.

Have fun!

Comment

This sounds like the successor to my Blue Angel. I am happy Mesa is making an amp like this again.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I need another Mesa amp like I need a hole in my head, but the Fillmore and the California Tweed are REALLY tempting me!

Congrats!

Bill
            When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

In my haste to put this out quick, forgot to discuss a few of the really cool features. First, it uses 6L6s. I've been a EL34 guy for the past couple decades, whether it was from preconceived notionsor not finding the right 6L6 amp, but this amp changed my opinion. The 2nd thing is its 50 watts (which is ideal for me) but also each channel can be set to 25 watts. Crazy thing is you dont necessarily lose headroom when going to lower watts. 3rd this is a 2 channel amp, but its more.like a dual single channel amp. Both channels are exactly the same. Dependi g on play styles, can be set clean/dirty, clean/pushed, pushed/dirty, dirty/solo, etc.

Its very simplistic, but extremely versatile. 4th, this amp loves pedals. Really excited to utilize my board.
              Mesa Stiletto Ace
              Gurus 5015
              Mesa Widebody 1X12
              Pedalboard

Comment

And the effects loop. Which you won’t find on blackface or tweed amps or even their modern recreations/clones.

Comment

Nice pick up. I tried one out in the spring and was impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
                    I definitely get that having gone from a MkV to an Electra Dyne as my main amp. Congrats on the Fillmore, they're a great sounding amp. If I was still in a band I probably would have bought one by now.
                    sigpic
                    Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

This sounds like a great amp! Right up my alley.
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

if i was gonna get a mesa, thats the one i would get. the little time i spent with one was very impressive.

Comment

What is the difference between the Fillmore and the California Tweed?
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

the tweed is a single channel with four 6v6s and five power output options vs the fillmore which is two channels with half power switch. there are a few configurations of the fillmore 25, 50, and 100 that ive heard of. there is only the 40w tweed as far as i know

Comment

Working...
                            X