banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speakers to compliment Eminence Private Jacks(greenbacks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers to compliment Eminence Private Jacks(greenbacks)

Hi guys,

I have a Sunn 412 with two inputs that I kinda made stereo - the left input goes to the left two speakers and the right to the right two. One side has Eminence Private Jacks (which apparently are based on greenbacks), and the other has the original Eminence Beta Bs that filled the cab when I bought it. This setup was handy because it allowed me to use one side for bass and the other for guitar.

However I'm now looking to replace the Beta B (bass/PA speakers) with guitar speakers, as I plan on getting a Marshall SV20 head and would like to run it into some nice speakers. I should probably say that I'm not worried about the cab being somewhat limited to a 2x12 because this suits me fine, and if I did ever want to use both sides, my amps have two speaker outputs!

My current head is an Ampeg V2 that I use with the Private Jacks, which I love, but I'd like to get something different for the other side for extra versatility. I play a lot of Russian muff stoner rock and old school psychedelic rock.
    What speakers would you guys recommend considering all of the above? Probably also worth saying I'm not really a fan of V30 style speakers.
    Last edited by DenDenDen; 10-07-2019, 09:53 AM.

Re: Speakers to compliment Eminence Private Jacks(greenbacks)

The v30 is a great speaker, but if you want something a little thicker with less of that upper mid spike the G12H30 might be the way to go.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Swamp Thangs.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

the G12H30 might be the way to go
        Thanks man I'll look into them!

Swamp Thangs.
        Yanno I've heard mixed reviews on the swamp thangs. I'm intrigued by them but a lot of people seem to think they're just too dark - I get that that's kinda what they're supposed to do, but it might not be what I'm after.

Comment

Working...
        X