NAD first Mesa in years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD first Mesa in years

Well new used amp day I guess. I wanted one of these for years. After playing one when they first came out. I loved the sound of the rockerverb dirty but didn’t like the clean sound. So when I ran across a guy wanting to trade a Mesa electradyne combo semi locally I couldn’t resist. So far it sounds just as good as I remembered. And is in a lot better condition than the rockerverb was. I may try a different speaker in it and see what it sounds like with EL34’s. But I’m not in a hurry to sap out either. The thing weights a ton that’s for sure with one speaker and it being roughly the same size as the 2x12 rockerverb I think it weighs at least 10 pounds more.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3296745D-5368-4930-B746-6A96310632EB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	5852998

Re: NAD first Mesa in years

I have no idea why all of my pics keep getting turned sideways.

Comment

Bwahaha those are such good amps you scored big time

Comment

Congratulations. I'm a mesa and orange fan. I'd have had a hard time parting with that rockerverb though.

Hope that mesa rocks, man
        Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

man... vox and mesas always seem to be ridiculously heavy. sweet amp! loved it the few times i got to play through one

Comment

Congrats man good trade for you! Glad this worked out for you in the end those are nice amps.
            Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Congrats! I'm sure it sounds great!

I'm surprised it's heavier than a Rockerverb. Orange amps have pretty beefy transformers, and the plywood is thicker than Mesa. I'm guessing Mesa is using denser plywood? Heavier chasis?

Comment

Congrats! I love my Electra Dyne, it's a shame these weren't more popular.
                sigpic
                Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Mmmmm....Mesa.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Wow! I hope you got a good price!
                    So what is that model's 'thing' it does? I love my Mesa- a Blue Angel, sort of a non-master volume Fender type.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Mine is a Mark I re-issue. It's great! I told the amp guy to make it more British and he did it with maybe three different parts. 100 watts is loud but it sounds good quiet also. The effects loop adds more gain, too.
                      Newspaper article fame, is a most Ironic form of game.
                      www.exodusattack.com/forum/index.php

Comment

The electra dyne has an American clean and British gain channel with selectable power tubes and preamp switches for different levels of gain and different flavors. Really good sounding pretty straight ahead channel switcher

Comment

Thanks guys so far I really like it it’s pretty straight forward and simple. I am having to figure out a few of the quirks like the gain trim knob on the back. And the reverb does not sound good when used on the highest gain setting. It makes it real thin sounding and like a bunch of bees. But on the clean and low gain setting it sounds real good.
                          I have read people talking about swapping the speaker to open the amp a little more. But I’m in no hurry to do that. I’ll probably order some new tubes when I can as I don’t know how old these are.
                          Last edited by man-in-moon; 10-25-2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

The reverb issue also happens on my MkV as well as my ED, I've heard that it can be somewhat improved by putting a lower gain tube in the reverb driver spot, never tried it myself. If you haven't yet, download the manual, it will help with the Gain Trim/Clean Volume section better than I can explain it.
                            sigpic
                            Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Working...
                            X