Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1 riff, 22 amps!

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
    Honestly, I wonder if YOUR Dark terror may have a slight tube issue. I mean, it sounds A LOT more different than the other Terrors than I would expect without you diming some settings totally differently.

Also -have you ever tried the Marshall SV20H? I was crazy impressed with it.
    The amp worked fine and I'm not sure if a bad tube can really have a big impact on the frequency response. I think it was just how the amp was voiced and the shape control just didn't cut it for me.

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
    There's something about the open low E during the rising-on-the-A-string section that just bothers me on almost all of the amps. The Ironball was a notable exception, and it was probably because it just didn't have quite enough low-end definition to keep it super tight like the rest. Maybe it was the tuning, but something about that section of the riff was distracting. I'd have to go listen a third time to pick out which one or two mushed the notes together a little bit too.

I really liked the full-size Recto, and I really liked the JCM2000. Again, thanks for putting it together. Very cool idea.
    I think I know what you mean. It's probably a combination of the pickups or the bridge or something. It came out a little 'quacky'. I'm going to put a crunch lab in the bridge position one day. The current ones will do fine until then.
    Owner and founder of Sonic Drive Studio & social media manager for OwnHammer.

Facebook.com/sonicdrivestudio
    OwnHammer.com

Comment

I'm thinking about my next video but it's hard to choose. I was thinking one of the following things:

-Marshall DSL20HR vs DSL50 JCM2000
      -Marshall JMP-1 (in-depth) demo
      -Marshall JMP-1 vs Axe Fx III, Amplitube and ....

Which of these would you guys like to see? Any other ideas? I can't please everyone but I definitely always try to keep suggestions in mind. Of course I'm going to do in-depth demo's for all my amps just like I did with the Dual Rectifier and Grandmeister Deluxe 40. I also want to do some comparisons that feature my DSL20HR, Ironball and Grandmeister. Enough ideas for years basically haha! And I'm currently suffering bad gas for a JVM410H. Help!

OwnHammer.com

Comment

Do the DSL comparison. I’d like to hear them dialed in exactly the same way, including master, with your subjective judgment on how the relative volumes compare. Also what it takes, in your opinion, to dial them each in to sound their best.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
          Do the DSL comparison. I’d like to hear them dialed in exactly the same way, including master, with your subjective judgment on how the relative volumes compare. Also what it takes, in your opinion, to dial them each in to sound their best.
          I'll definitely be doing that one soon...

OwnHammer.com

Comment

Working...
          X