NAD: Marshall SV20H! Classic RAWK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD: Marshall SV20H! Classic RAWK!

For the past few weeks I've really been obsessed about Marshall amps. I guess most of us here have had this happen in one way or another Since my other Marshalls amps (or amps in general) don't really nail that vintage plexi sound I thought it was time for me to get the SV20H and experience that Plexi sound for myself! So I got it from Thomann this week...

This thing looks great! Very classic. And it's pretty light too! I'll probably only be using this in the studio so I don't mind it if an amp is heavy or light but for people who do gigs this could be a great feat. Others have said this before but this thing is LOUD! In fact, I haven't been able to crank this amp in my apartment. Luckily I have a loadbox so I ran it through that with some trusty IR's and there was the tone!

Love how this amp sounds with my LTD Elite Eclipse-I with a SD JB and '59. This guitar is basically an ergonomic Les Paul. The bright channel instantly sounds very Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin and old Iron Maiden-y. Very punchy, grindy and vintage!

I still need to spend more time with this amp but I did quickly whip out a very short demo. Really digging how this sounds:

I like this amp so much that I even decided to order a SC20H. That will be here soon hopefully. When I have time I'll make a couple of cool Marshall comparisons. Should be fun!

Who else has one of these? How are you digging it?
    Owner and founder of Sonic Drive Studio & social media manager for OwnHammer.

Facebook.com/sonicdrivestudio
    OwnHammer.com

Re: NAD: Marshall SV20H! Classic RAWK!

Nice! Sounds great. It’s on my GAS list...
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I've played one several times from backline provided for a gig.... and I jammed on one in Miami in July.

I thought they were amazing.

Listen to that pick strike attack!!!
      Last edited by NegativeEase; 11-22-2019, 03:35 PM.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
        I've played one several times from backline provided for a gig.... and I jammed on one in Miami in July.

I thought they were amazing.
        Pretty loud huh?

OwnHammer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarjon View Post
          Pretty loud huh?
          Loud enough....I gig with usually 20 or 22W an sometimes 40w -but I haven't pushed any 100W amp out of my home or studio in 10 years....
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Very jealous.

Comment

Loud enough....I gig with usually 20 or 22W an sometimes 40w -but I haven't pushed any 100W amp out of my home or studio in 10 years....
              It's so loud haha. If I didn't have my loadbox setup I wouldn't be able to use this amp at all. It does sound best when cranked obviously. I guess a proper attenuator would also do the trick.

Originally posted by BlakeC27 View Post
              Very jealous.
              I'm sorry...

OwnHammer.com

Comment

Nice! i played one of those a few months ago and really liked it. I'd like to try the JCM800-styled version.

Comment

Nice. I want the jubilee one, but would really like to demo this, the 800, and jube
                  Last edited by DankStar; 11-23-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Too loud in 5-watt mode as well?

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeC27 View Post
                      Too loud in 5-watt mode as well?
                      For my apartment, yes, absolutely!

OwnHammer.com

Comment

I used to run my 5 watt Picovalve through an efficient 1x12 in apartment with no issues. But then there was no one downstairs and I would use the 2 watt setting for at night.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Wait -all that gear on shelves behind you is in an Apartment?

Comment

Wait -all that gear on shelves behind you is in an Apartment?
                            Haha yeah. It's getting out of hand. I'm moving to a bigger space in about a year though...

OwnHammer.com

Comment

Good to know.

Comment

Working...
                              X