Jonesing For A Blackstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonesing For A Blackstar

...namely a 100w Silverline head and a 2x12 cab, but I'd settle for one of the smaller combos too. I have a 100w Katana but I have trouble getting good cleans from it and the gain sometimes sounds a bit off...I guess inconsistent. The gain from the demos Silverline sounds more dense and complex than the gain from my Katana. Some days the Katana's gain sounds good, other days not so much. Weird. I thought this only happens with tube amps. I'd buy a tube amp but there aren't any places near me that service them, as far as I know. The Silverlines look cooler as well.

Has anyone tried any of the Silverline amps? They sound good in the few demos I've watched but listening to a demo on YouTube and actually playing through one are two very different things.
    The Artist Formerly Known As Drunken Bowling

Re: Jonesing For A Blackstar

I have friends / bandmates with the HT stage 60 and club 40's. Things are just great.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Anderton's did a side by side comparison of the Silverline and Katana.

Comment

A katana to a silver line is a sidegrade at best. They’re not bad amps, but I really don’t think it’s going to do anything better, or even different than what you’ve got.

Also I definitely wouldn’t rule out a tube amp because there’s nobody to service them. I’ve had tube amps for the last ten years and I couldn’t tell you if there’s an amp tech within 100 miles of me, just because they aren’t necessary unless you’re rocking some seriously vintage/finicky amps.

Anything you won’t be able to do yourself would probably require you to send it in anyway.

What I’m saying is that you need to get yourself a Blues Jr.

One of those babies will sound so much better than either of the modelers you’ll forget you ever wanted one.
        Originally posted by jcthejester13
        Some musicians are good, and some are not so good. Some musicians use guitars, and some don't use guitars. The end.

Comment

I've got the 2x12 cab, it's 8ohms of v30 amazingness
          I closed up the back on mine to give it less ambiance and tighten up the punch, I'm so glad I did too. For what I play it needed it.
          Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Working...
          X