No announcement yet.

Blu77! Blu77! Blugrrrrrrr! Blugger Hut!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled the trigger on an Iridium this morning, hoping it is an all in one solution. Went with the Iridium over the Mercury, I think there is enough overlap and this video was quite convincing.

Comment

That's awesome. I think you will enjoy it. You can certainly cover a lot of musical ground with it in my opinion. The classic channel seems to be the one that the guys I have showed it off to seem to like the most.
      The video you posted does do a good job of demoing it.
      Give us a good review when you get it and put it through the paces.

Comment

Got the Iridium in last night and had a little time to play with it at lower levels. Plenty of gain, but not as over the top as I was afraid it would be. The gain channels are nice, really like the vintage and classic channels. I'm sure I'll play with the Modern some. Initial impression of the clean channel is I wish it were a little squisher and warmer, but I know this one is designed to be tight.

Hope to get some more time to play with it and try the DI this weekend.

Comment

The gain channels are nice, they can give a little or a lot but are easy and control able. ( sorry I'm not the best reviewer ) I'll yield to your opinions of the clean channel, clean only ever has to be good enough for me. I guess I would call it " on the dry side".
          Now, as with all amps, get out and damn near redline it if you can.

Comment

Yeah, the clean is pretty strident, I dialed it in as warm as I could and have a pretty good tone, but definitely not Brownface warm. I really like the Vintage and Classic channels, not using the Modern that much but probably need to pull out my 7 string. I have a SD-1 and a HoF reverb in the loop, so I'm using it in preset mode with clean, vintage, and classic channels, probably to through some more combinations. Also use it in standard mode and use the vintage or classic channel. Going back and forth. It also sounds good direct, helps to plug an open 1/4" plug into the speaker out. I may leave my GT-1000 at home and try it this week at practice.

Comment

The Iridium is definitely a cool amp, but, it's total overkill for my use, going back to an AMT preamp (thinking SS-20) seems to be the better solution for me. The good news is that I've become a Euge fan researching this, love his youtube channel, and the Iconoclast is great for DI, much better than the DI outs.

I'm out of the window to send the Amp1 back, but I got a great deal and plan on taking a hit on price, so if anyone is interested in a minty, 3 month old Iridium PP'd and shipped for ~$650 let me know, I'd rather not go to Reverb or Ebay. I need to take some pictures to post in the FS forum, just thought I'd throw that out here to start since it is a targeted audience. Mods, let me know if that's out of line.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                The Iridium is definitely a cool amp, but, it's total overkill for my use, going back to an AMT preamp (thinking SS-20) seems to be the better solution for me. The good news is that I've become a Euge fan researching this, love his youtube channel, and the Iconoclast is great for DI, much better than the DI outs.

I'm out of the window to send the Amp1 back, but I got a great deal and plan on taking a hit on price, so if anyone is interested in a minty, 3 month old Iridium PP'd and shipped for ~$650 let me know, I'd rather not go to Reverb or Ebay. I need to take some pictures to post in the FS forum, just thought I'd throw that out here to start since it is a targeted audience. Mods, let me know if that's out of line.
                Well you gave it a go. Too bad it wasn't your thing. I play mine regularly, next time I post a review feel free to drop by and pelt me with rotten tomatoes if you want.
                It can be hard to figure off of videos, always better if you can play it.
                I'll buy you a beer if I ever run into you at an Avalanche game.

Comment

Originally posted by PS412 View Post
                  Well you gave it a go. Too bad it wasn't your thing. I play mine regularly, next time I post a review feel free to drop by and pelt me with rotten tomatoes if you want.
                  It can be hard to figure off of videos, always better if you can play it.
                  I'll buy you a beer if I ever run into you at an Avalanche game.
                  It wasn't that I didn't like it at all, it sounded great! I didn't mean for it to sound like that at all. I just run direct most of the time and it took up a lot of real estate on my pedal board when a AMT preamp is about 1/3 the size. As an amp it was awesome! Although, if I was using it on stage the long speaker cable would be interesting. I still have my ISP Stealth power amp for running a cab with a preamp, which I may be doing for some Christmas shows. I just sold it because I got an offer that was pretty much my asking price, but I was really hesitant, and it's probably one of those things that I will second guess myself on.

Comment

Working...
                  X