Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

    10 / 10.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

      Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      This rack, yes. I have an XV-5050 synth getting here on Monday, but I have a Roland M-GS64 in there for now. The guitar is being handled by a Line 6 HX Effects, on a pedalboard, and the looping is a Ditto X4 Looper. So right now there is a lot of wires connecting everything, but it won't be that bad once I tidy it up. I just installed a GK pickup on my Variax Acoustic last night.
      First of all, sorry for slight offtopic: Mincer, check out the new firmware update for the L6 Helix range, they added a lot of stuff to the HX Command Center, which may come in handy for controlling the rack synth via MIDI. Guess it all depends on how you want to integrate guitar and synth gear.

      On topic: Awesome looking rack! Doesn't the GMajor 2 allow changes to the FX chain? You could go 4CM with the Triaxis and gain more versatility out of that setup...
      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics), PRS SE CU 24 Flametop (TB5/PGn), Ibanez RG870RWZ (PATB set), Jackson DK2M1H (TB4) & DK2 (TB10/VRn/CRn), LTD MH-1000HS (TB-15/Lil59n), ST213A (HRb/STK-S4 m&n) & TE212 (Hot Stack/A2Pn), Dean Cadillac 1980 (59 set) & Old Skull V (TB6/JazzN), Squier VM JM (SJM-1 set);Effects:Korg Pitchblack Poly, Digitech Drop, MXR CAE MC404 & EHX Wailer wahs, L6 HX FX & Stomp, Fender FVP-1, EHX Volume Pedal; Amp & Cab:H&K GM 40 Dlx, L6 DT25 cab;

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

        I am always on the lookout for a Triaxis. Hell of a preamp. I couldn't score one cheap till now.

        The ones I was able to gather are an ADA MP-1, Mesa Studio Pre, and my new Engl e530. That said, Triaxis and/or Rectifier Recording Preamp would be great additions!

        Nice score!

        B
        FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

          Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
          First of all, sorry for slight offtopic: Mincer, check out the new firmware update for the L6 Helix range, they added a lot of stuff to the HX Command Center, which may come in handy for controlling the rack synth via MIDI. Guess it all depends on how you want to integrate guitar and synth gear.

          On topic: Awesome looking rack! Doesn't the GMajor 2 allow changes to the FX chain? You could go 4CM with the Triaxis and gain more versatility out of that setup...
          Got it on the first day. There are some cool things it can do. However, I am using a Behringer FCB-1010 to run the rig now, as I need a lot more free pedals and a few expression pedals.
          Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

            Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
            On topic: Awesome looking rack! Doesn't the GMajor 2 allow changes to the FX chain? You could go 4CM with the Triaxis and gain more versatility out of that setup...
            It allows for 4 defined routings of Series and some Series/Parallel. Unfortunately you can’t separate L/R which is what you’d need to do for 4 Cable Method. If I’d have bought it for $599 new in 2009 I’d be disappointed, but for under $200 I’m very happy.
            Oh no.....


            Oh Yeah!

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

              I use the Behringer FCB1010, with the UnO chip, which is unofficial, but really expands what is possible. It is one hell of a controller. I used the original Ground Control for years, but eventually I needed something to send Note On/Off messages, and a few other things. Make sure whatever you get has a good computer editor, or else you spend a lot of time on the floor pushing buttons. The computer editor also allows you to save configurations, which is important if your midi pedal freaks out and un-learns its programming.
              Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

                Got a line on a cab...
                Oh no.....


                Oh Yeah!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

                  Cabinet is here. Wow is it heavy. Mesa Road King 4x12. Stereo operation, the closed back side is V30 and the open back side is C90. Either full stereo or switching A/B with each side of the 2:90 feeding a different speaker set. Long term I think I’ll load the Simulclass sockets of one of the 2:90 channels with EL34s to drive the V30s and keep 6L6s in the channel that drives the C90s.

                  Oh no.....


                  Oh Yeah!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

                    Nice!!! Congrats!

                    I love Mesa cabs. Very fine craftsmanship in general...

                    B
                    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

                      yes, wow, it is heavy! i cant imagine owning another 4x12 unless i have roadies. 2x12 has done me fine but with your setup... thats pretty badass

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

                        Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        yes, wow, it is heavy! i cant imagine owning another 4x12 unless i have roadies. 2x12 has done me fine but with your setup... thats pretty badass
                        When the time comes it’ll be moved over to the rehearsal space, aka the drummer’s basement.

                        There are some killer deals out there!
                        Oh no.....


                        Oh Yeah!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

                          MIDI controller inbound...

                          This thing is going to be freakin sweet when I’m done.
                          Oh no.....


                          Oh Yeah!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

                            Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                            MIDI controller inbound...

                            This thing is going to be freakin sweet when I’m done.
                            Which one? I use a Behringer FCB1010, with a really cool hacked firmware.
                            Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

                              Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              Which one? I use a Behringer FCB1010, with a really cool hacked firmware.
                              I found a great deal on a Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro. I looked at everything from the Behringer, Rocktron, Liquid Foot Voodoo Lab and RJM. I know the Ground Control Pro will handle everything I need, and they are very affordable used now.
                              Last edited by PFDarkside; 06-08-2020, 06:51 AM.
                              Oh no.....


                              Oh Yeah!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

                                Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                                I found a great deal on a Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro. I looked at everything from the Behringer, Rocktron, Liquid Foot Voodoo Lab and RJM. I know the Ground Control Pro will handle everything I need, and they are very affordable used now.
                                Oh cool, I used an older Ground Control for years. Great stuff.
                                Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X