X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    How close does the JMP-1 get to classic Marshall sounds, from Plexi to JCM900?
    The clean channels get you 80’s rack clean and kind of a warm, bubbly JTM-45 style clean. Not as great as a real
    JTM-45, but it’s a nice warm clean. (The Tri-Axis is great in clean modes). The OD1 and OD2 have that Marshall bark, kind of hot rodded Plexi/JCM800 and JCM900. I think there’s a sweet spot where they like the gain pretty high. Where a real JMP/JCM amp would let you go from low gain all the way to high gain, this wants to live in a mid to high gain world. I was watching Leon Todd, he got pretty close with the Axe FX 3 on the Brit Pre models. Billy Gibbons, Def Leppard, Deftones, Megadeth, all those higher gain iconic Marshall tones are in there.

It’s a very iconic sound, I swear a lot of “Marshall” tones from the 90’s were this in the studio.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    How close does the JMP-1 get to classic Marshall sounds, from Plexi to JCM900?

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    So wait - you have a Triple-Axis AND a JMP-1??? NO FAIR!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• TwilightOdyssey
    replied
    It sure is!

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	E099E7BF-F611-4233-9809-94CF0AB27943.jpeg
Views:	358
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	6008002 Oh yeah!
    I had a fun day with the JMP-1 today. Such an iconic sound.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	E099E7BF-F611-4233-9809-94CF0AB27943.jpeg
Views:	358
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	6008002 Oh yeah!

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Joelski
    replied
    Re: New Mini Rack of Doom Day!

Man, I can smell the Aqua Net!

Sweet rig!

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

It was/is a Ford Mustang forum. I remember your user name and shared birthday from a long time ago, I can’t remember the forum though.
    Never owned a Mustang, but my best friend in HS had a '68 convertible.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Oh thanks! Um, I am not sure. I don't think so...what was that forum?
    It was/is a Ford Mustang forum. I remember your user name and shared birthday from a long time ago, I can’t remember the forum though.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

Happy Birthday. We’re you in the Stangnet forum back in the day?
    Oh thanks! Um, I am not sure. I don't think so...what was that forum?

Leave a comment:

• Ascension
    replied

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    Tri-Axis: The original enemy of the JMP-1!

I still remember a great GP review of both of those. I'll take the JMP-1 thank you. But can't hate on that!!!!
    Agreed on all points. Regret selling my JMP 1 9200 rig wish I still had it!! Studio clip with mine from the "day".

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• dystrust
    replied

2u should do for the pedal shelf. I’m thinking a compressor, fuzz, OD and either Univibe or Phaser. I’m not a fan of phaser in the loop at all. That drawer came with the case/power amp/power supply. It won’t be used long term. (The GCX/GCP were just over $200 together!) The other loops are for switching the tuner and A/B for the power amp, one side to open back C90, one side to closed back V30.

It’s sounding extremely good, switching to open back American style speakers for the clean and grit and closed back V30 for crunch, heavier rhythm and lead is awesome. Of course the uber clean Rhythm Yellow and saturated Lead 2 sound good, it’s the juicy Rhythm Green and Lead 1 tones that are really impressing me.
    If you're looking for a longer term pedal shelf, these two are popular on Rig Talk / TGP:

EWI RF1UKM-LA
    Penn Elcom R1290

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
    A 10U is great until you have to move it. If this is EVER going to leave wherever you're keeping it now, go with separate cases.

Just out of curiosity, what were you planning to use the GCX for? If you're going to have a drawer with pedals, plan on allowing 2-3U for that depending on how tall they are.
    2u should do for the pedal shelf. I’m thinking a compressor, fuzz, OD and either Univibe or Phaser. I’m not a fan of phaser in the loop at all. That drawer came with the case/power amp/power supply. It won’t be used long term. (The GCX/GCP were just over $200 together!) The other loops are for switching the tuner and A/B for the power amp, one side to open back C90, one side to closed back V30.

It’s sounding extremely good, switching to open back American style speakers for the clean and grit and closed back V30 for crunch, heavier rhythm and lead is awesome. Of course the uber clean Rhythm Yellow and saturated Lead 2 sound good, it’s the juicy Rhythm Green and Lead 1 tones that are really impressing me.

Leave a comment:

• dystrust
    replied

Happy birthday to me.... More rack gear! Now I’ve got an issue, too many items, not enough space. I need to figure out if I want a separate 4u for just the power amp and heavy items or if a 10u is the way to go...

A 10U is great until you have to move it. If this is EVER going to leave wherever you're keeping it now, go with separate cases.

Just out of curiosity, what were you planning to use the GCX for? If you're going to have a drawer with pedals, plan on allowing 2-3U for that depending on how tall they are.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X