Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for Custom Cab Builder

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    I have a 2x12 that used to be a combo amp. I removed the amp when it died and sealed up the open back. The hole in the front where the control panel used to be I left open so that's now the port. It has a Texas Heat and Swamp Thang in it and it sounds huge. I think porting a cab with C-Rex's would probably sound great.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    Wow, that ported 2x12 probably sounds pretty damn good with the TH and ST in there! That is a cool idea. I may have to try a ported 2x12 loaded with CRex speakers one day.

I am going to go without a port for this first one though. I have also decided to order with a covertible option featuring a 3/4 open design.

I still can't make up my mind on the tolex though. Black and blue is my $%!+, but I do think his Oxblood suggestion will look stylish as hell if I go with it....
    Soundcloud

Comment

What colour is the head that's going to sit on top of this beast?

Black grill and blue snakeskin would be sweet regardless, personally in my head I don't get as excited about a black head on oxblood grill with blue snakeskin.

Mismatch can work though, and if you like the look of it who cares!

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
      • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
      • G&L Tribute Comanche
      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666 View Post
        What colour is the head that's going to sit on top of this beast?

Black grill and blue snakeskin would be sweet regardless, personally in my head I don't get as excited about a black head on oxblood grill with blue snakeskin.

Mismatch can work though, and if you like the look of it who cares!

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
        One head I will use with it is going to get wrapped in the same blue snakeskin hopefully by the end of the year, the other one is the H&K GrandMeister 40, so technically it is blue and black.

Good point though. I think I would like to stick to the blue and black theme in the end.
        Soundcloud

Comment

a tuned ported cab is a sweet thing, a random hole... meh id prefer closed. my only 2x12 is a vibroking cab and i think it sounds awesome. i dont play heavy music anymore but a tuned ported cab can be sweet for the chugs

as far as the grill cloth, black is a safe easy choice. itll look great with anything. oxblood would look terrific as long as whatever else youre using at least sorta matches it. if you have a grey head, it aint gonna jive with oxblood.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            a tuned ported cab is a sweet thing, a random hole... meh id prefer closed. my only 2x12 is a vibroking cab and i think it sounds awesome. i dont play heavy music anymore but a tuned ported cab can be sweet for the chugs

as far as the grill cloth, black is a safe easy choice. itll look great with anything. oxblood would look terrific as long as whatever else youre using at least sorta matches it. if you have a grey head, it aint gonna jive with oxblood.
            I agree. I love ported bass cabs especially. I play a wide range of music from sparkly cleans to heavy riffs. So, I tend to go for a balanced cab sound that can just do it all okay instead of nailing one sound specifically.

I decided to go with the Mesa Black Jute cloth. I think it will provide some venom for the bite.
            Soundcloud

Comment

Here is an update:

Click image for larger version

Name:	received_283036253002644.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	6006203
              Soundcloud

Comment

Wow, that looks great!
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I agree! I am very excited about it. My new Hughes & Kettner is sitting in the box, waiting for an invitation to come out and play...

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_20200801_120020.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	6006256
                  Soundcloud

Comment

cab looks great!

Comment

Cab looks killer. That's going to be sweet with C-Rex's. And the H&K to boot.

Comment

I agree, it does look great and I can't wait to crank the H&K through this cab!
                        Soundcloud

Comment

It is finished:

Click image for larger version  Name:	117714591_944329409382758_573200697617055874_n.jpg Views:	3 Size:	189.1 KB ID:	6008927Click image for larger version  Name:	117767332_330137588373918_3132399872386746154_n.jpg Views:	3 Size:	164.6 KB ID:	6008928Click image for larger version  Name:	117714984_3379889195396338_3569178627451597486_n.jpg Views:	3 Size:	220.0 KB ID:	6008929Click image for larger version  Name:	117644347_598621367747004_4791979611378833008_n.jpg Views:	3 Size:	169.9 KB ID:	6008931 Click image for larger version  Name:	117815126_424343868507291_6322982341979779626_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	207.6 KB ID:	6008933

Bass cabs next...
                          Last edited by Snake Aces; 08-12-2020, 02:18 AM.
                          Soundcloud

Comment

Any chance of that back falling off? lol

Congrats, that is downright spicy looking. I really like the 212 designs with staggered speakers. If running just one 212 cab that is the way to go IMO.

Comment

Yeah, that's a heavy duty back, there!
                              It looks great! Hopefully it sounds as good as it looks. I bet it will look great on stage.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

looks great! heavy?

Comment

Working...
                                X