• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deathbytinnitus
    replied
    Re: Blue Voodoo 60 Watt Head

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
    Blue DooDoo!!!! I had the 120. Sounded great when it worked. The PCB is flimsy where the power tubes mount and it was designed poorly in that area. The one I had fried 3 times. Finally sold it after the last fix. Never again.
    Thats really concerning. I already had to deal with that fiasco with the Marshall JCM 2000 in the background. That amp had a defective PCB and the bias would not stabilize or bias in range. It’s fixed now but if the Crate is gonna get the same issue I’m going to sell it. Last few times I checked the bias it seemed ok though and seems to run somewhat cool.

Can you go more into detail with what happened and what failed?

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied

Blue DooDoo!!!! I had the 120. Sounded great when it worked. The PCB is flimsy where the power tubes mount and it was designed poorly in that area. The one I had fried 3 times. Finally sold it after the last fix. Never again.

Leave a comment:

• DankStar
    replied

Everyone hates Blue Voodoos. I kinda liked their fuzzy vibe but never got one. Sounds cool to me in the clip.
    Last edited by DankStar; 07-22-2020, 09:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• YeRedHouseOverYonder
    replied

Nice playing. I always thought they were good for the cash back in 2003, but I was a bass player in a HS punk band lol. Seeing one always takes me back to when we use play gigs every weekend. Good times \m/

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• deathbytinnitus
    started a topic Blue Voodoo 60 Watt Head

Blue Voodoo 60 Watt Head

Thoughts on the Blue Voodoo? I think its highly underrated, has a good mid-heavy crunch tone and likes clean boosts! They can be had for usually less than 250$ nowadays, totally worth it in my opinion! It seems to cut through the mix quite well also.

Working...
X