Jensen > Weber Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jensen > Weber Switch

Has anyone out there ever replace stock Jensen speakers with Weber speakers in their Fender amplifier? What's your experience?
    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
    I am just jug the merlot

Re: Jensen > Weber Switch

Boy, Jensens are some of the best speakers I've ever heard. Why would you want to switch them out?
    www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hellion
      Boy, Jensens are some of the best speakers I've ever heard. Why would you want to switch them out?
      Someone in another forum was discussing the Fender Super Reverb Reissue and mentioned that he liked the amp in general but would want to immediately switch out the 10" Jensens for Webers. Just wondering if anyone else out there shared or differed from that opinion.
      I am just jug the merlot

Comment

There’s a separate amp forum now. I’m sure that you’ll get more responses there.
        Originally posted by 56jnr
        I`m told that fitting fossilized walrus ivory bridge pins gives you"toasted wheat underpinnings"to your tone. Sounds more like the bread department of Tesco`s to me!

Comment

Originally posted by báratta
          There’s a separate amp forum now. I’m sure that you’ll get more responses there.
          Yup. I posted this thread there as well, along with an apology, shortly after I discovered the new forum. Check it out and give me your feedback.
          I am just jug the merlot

Comment

New speakers can do a lot to radically change an amps overall tone. It sort of depends on what you are looking for.

Eminence makes a lot of fine speaker replacements as well. I personally find Jensens to be brittle and thin (the ones I've played at least). The P12Q I had in my 5E3 was the fartiest thing I've encountered since Uncle Ed after the Thanksgiving cabbage caserole.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Actually, somebody just deleted that one and moved the old one to this (amplifier) forum. Thanks, somebody! (Scott F?)
              I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Ancient bump...

Any other thoughts?
                I am just jug the merlot

Comment

even the Weber Signature Series alnicos (or ceramics) sound better to me than the 'Jensen' Recoton stuff...it took about 2 years for a pair of their P12N's to smooth out for me. I have been using the Recoton C10Q in a few amps where alnicos are a little overwhelmed. Lots of different flavors and good service in the Weber stuff; can't say that for the Jensens.

Comment

Working...
                  X