No announcement yet.

Do these work? (valve amp vol. control)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do these work? (valve amp vol. control)

Originally posted by Imp
    me! me me me!! i'll do it!

tom
    I'm actually wiring one up now for my plexi
    Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
    Marshall Mods

Comment

Originally posted by shredaholic
      eh - no there isn't, unless you pay an amp tech $142.00 extra to wire it up for you...

where/who from did you hear that?
      I did some searching outside that site and found a going rate for something like that. Can't remember where. Somebody else said something about it. Either way, don't matter, I stand corrected since seeing your link. I didn't see that kit on the site under the "Kits" section but I obviously wasn't narrowing it down enough.

Why would they offer one with caps and one without? You need the caps anyway, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
        I did some searching outside that site and found a going rate for something like that. Can't remember where. Somebody else said something about it. Either way, don't matter, I stand corrected since seeing your link. I didn't see that kit on the site under the "Kits" section but I obviously wasn't narrowing it down enough.

Why would they offer one with caps and one without? You need the caps anyway, right?
        yeh, I'd hate to see you put off getting a great tone without damaging your hearing because you thought it would cost too much!

the reason it has caps on the first one is because that particular mod uses those caps to function, the 'rich mod' (2nd one) without caps omits them which is apparently what makes it sound better than the normal type PPIMV.
        here's the first one with caps (diagram from metroamp CD):

and here's the 'rich mod', without caps and a different pot:

hopefully that answers your question
        Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
        Marshall Mods

Comment

yeh, I'd hate to see you put off getting a great tone without damaging your hearing because you thought it would cost too much!

the reason it has caps on the first one is because that particular mod uses those caps to function, the 'rich mod' (2nd one) without caps omits them which is apparently what makes it sound better than the normal type PPIMV.
          here's the first one with caps (diagram from metroamp CD):

and here's the 'rich mod', without caps and a different pot:

hopefully that answers your question
          Yup, that explains it. If I had a 2203 or 2204, I'd be throwing this on it for sure but my 900 MkIII has a Master Volume and I set it no higher than 4 or 5 anyway, which is plenty loud with a drummer, and sounds perfect to my ears.

Comment

and here's the 'rich mod',
            RICH is frickin' FAMOUS for this!
            *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
            Originally posted by Slash2987
            Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
            Originally posted by PVFan
            I'm a good sex man.
            Originally posted by Grumpy
            I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Working...
            X