banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floorboard preamp, step up from POD 2.0, mostly amp modeller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floorboard preamp, step up from POD 2.0, mostly amp modeller?

Well I'm trying to change my POD 2.0 and shell in some extra cash for a floorboard amp modeller. I don't use half the features on the POD, and I don't even need the effects. Should I even bother with stuff like the GT6 or 8 (second hand) or the POD XT live? How about stuff like the new Korg AX3000, or the Digitechs GNX2/3/3000? I have no real budget as I'd sell the POD 2.0 and add some, maybe count in 300 euros/200 pounds. Thanks if you can help guys

Re: Floorboard preamp, step up from POD 2.0, mostly amp modeller?

if the POD was too much, the GT series will be overkill- only consider them if you love to craft sounds from the bottom up- i love to do this, but most guitarists just like to plug and play. they are very deep boxes.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I found the solution...
      Right now I have the Peavey 40 watts, that'll be sold. The POD will be sold too. I'll keep the Laney tube but store it somewhere while I wait to have a band. And with the money from the other stuff I'll get a Korg Pandora. It seems easy to use, and just as handy as the POD, for a smaller, better suited for me package. For the amp I'll get an LC15 and a decent Distortion pedal. W00t!

Comment

Don't fool yourself. The Pandora doesn't sound anywhere near as good as a pod. I'd also stay away from the AX3000, as that's basically the same technology as the AX1500, and overall I'd rate the amp sounds on that as inferior to the pod.

If I were you, I'd stick with the pod and get a floorboard extension or check out the tonelab floorboard unit. Outside of that, check out the award-session jd10. No effects and presets, but a great sounding, all analog unit. You might be able to find a decent deal on an H&K tubeman over where you are, too...
        Originally posted by Jolly
        ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

If your happy with the pod, keep it. There isnt much more simpler!

Comment

if the POD's in scotland, how much are you looking to get for it?

tom

Comment

if its just floor convienience then a POD XT live would do it, or that VOX thing that i cant remember the name of. Is a big floor thing with a preamp tube.

Comment

If you just want an amp modeler and no effects, Line6 made a box like that, the AM-4, though it's considerably less common than some of their other products.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
                  Don't fool yourself. The Pandora doesn't sound anywhere near as good as a pod. I'd also stay away from the AX3000, as that's basically the same technology as the AX1500, and overall I'd rate the amp sounds on that as inferior to the pod.

If I were you, I'd stick with the pod and get a floorboard extension or check out the tonelab floorboard unit. Outside of that, check out the award-session jd10. No effects and presets, but a great sounding, all analog unit. You might be able to find a decent deal on an H&K tubeman over where you are, too...
                  The thing is, it's way smaller and much better suited for me (practise as opposed to tones). Maybe I'll keep the POD but I'll need a small Pandora to bring to A'dam and practise with over there.

Comment

I have the Ax1500 for years but Iīm checking the Pod xt and a Trademark 60 by Tech 21(I need a change).

Hot Grits is right, the 1500 is not cool if you compare it with a Pod.

Donīt sell your Pod
                    Originally posted by Guitarist
                    Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
                    http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Working...
                    X