Echo Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echo Park

Will the Echo Park be a good starter delay pedal for me? better than a DD-3? I'd like to get the best delay for the money at about $100. I know analog is much better and much more expensive. I could build the one at buildyourownclones.com for $75.

What do you say fellow delay gurus?
    Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
    -Conrad Hilton

Re: Echo Park

Digital is NOT better...just different. There are lots if guys that won't use anything except a digital delay...trhat said I don't know anything about the Echo Park but I can tell you that IMO the DD-3 is a great pedal...fairly good delay time and built like a tank.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I just got rid of my DD-3, no tap tempo. A delay pedal without tap tempo is worthless to me.

Comment

Thanks Xeromus-
        Good info for a delay amature like me.

Do you love your Invader? I considered that guitar very hard. For some reason I decided on the JV strat instead? Sometimes I wish I had the Invaders flatter neck.
        Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
        -Conrad Hilton

Comment

Originally posted by Guitar Toad
          Thanks Xeromus-
          Good info for a delay amature like me.

Do you love your Invader? I considered that guitar very hard. For some reason I decided on the JV strat instead? Sometimes I wish I had the Invaders flatter neck.
          YES, best damn guitar ever. I wish it had a contoured heel is all. And all G&L necks are different since they are all hand shaped. No two are alike even among the same model. The one on mine is a nice C shape, a little bit thinner than a strat, it rocks. Not flat at all.

OH, the Boss DD-6 however DOES have tap tempo. I'm considering an Echo park or DL-4 for myself though.

Comment

DD-6 and DL-4 I'll give those a look. Thanks, X.

Do you the switches on the invader much? in/out phase and coil splitting?
            -Conrad Hilton

Comment

I agree, tap tempo is a must for delay. Echo Park is nice, analog and tape simulation, decent delay time for an effect, not enough for looping. A lot of different options, reverse, swell, ducking, tap quarter/dotted eight/tripplet/slapback, and of course ping pong, etc. If you like the Line 6 sound, the difference between the Echo Park and the DL-4 are as follows. On the DL-4 you get more delay time, 3 presets and a looper. Half of me wishes I got it, the other half says all I need is the Echo Park.

BTW - A dedicated power supply is a must. They were giving them away free by rebate mail-in, I'm not sure now.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

DD-6 and DL-4 I'll give those a look. Thanks, X.

Do you the switches on the invader much? in/out phase and coil splitting?
                There's just one coil split switch and I do use it a lot for getting strat like tones. The jazz and jb split very nicely.

Comment

Is the Echo Park built like a tank?
                  -Conrad Hilton

Comment

i gotta go with the tap tempo thing- it really is a must. if the echo park has it, go for it- i love my DL4, but i got that for the looper. i love the rest of it just as much!
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Is the Echo Park built like a tank?
                      It definitely is at least as solid as the Boss units.
                      I bought mine some weeks ago. Never liked the sound of Boss DD, but this unit is awesome. I like the dotted quarter and triads tapping function. Very intuitive to use on stage.
                      Don't know why some people have problems with the tap/on-off function on one switch - works great.

However it needs its own power supply. Adds some hum when I plug it to my Carl Martin Big John. Don't know why.
                      Fender Strat Elite, Epiphone Emporer Regent, Framus Renegade Pro (4x SD Pickups!!!), modded Samick Skull&Snake
                      Marshall 6101, Vox AD30VT
                      Pedals, pedals, pedals ...

Comment

I think it's the best delay around for the cash. It can do a variety of things well and some people like the tone of it more than the DL-4 (some actually bought 2 Echo Parks to replace the DL-4).
                        Originally posted by kevlar3000
                        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                        Originally posted by Zerberus
                        Better is often the enemy of good
                        Originally posted by ginormous
                        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Working...
                        X