Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Atomic Reactor Modeling amp thingy?

Jeff, get a Hot Plate. Problem solved.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
      Jeff, get a Hot Plate. Problem solved.
      True Dat, Ben..sorta...ya just don't get the speaker push/crunch as you know (BTW, that "custom" celestion that Rivera uses is a very nice sounding speaker). I've got a powerbrake, tried it..and of course it sounds like @$$ as usual

However, I know the Hot Plate is a better mousetrap than the PB. Someone told me to look into the Dr.Z Airbrake too?

Thanks everyone. Between trying to decide what pups in the bird, whether to try this Atomic thing and whether or not to keep my paula (bird gets more play time), I'm *lost*...MOMMY! I need you to decide for me!
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I have an Atomic Reactor amp with a PodXT in it.

It is really simple but it does add warmth to the Pod, and it has a bass port for some huge bottom end, for when you're trying to make that 1x12 sounds like a 4x12.

With the floorboard it is a pretty cool setup, and it is pretty loud too. It was designed by Harry Kolbe, who is a well respected when it comes to amps.
        "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

I have owned one for about a month now, and it rocks! It adds warmth and a teeny bit of compression to the sound, and I am constantly amazed at the HUGE low end you get out of this thing! Volume is very good for an 18W amp.

Definitely get one if you're at all interested. You won't be disappointed.
          Band: www.colouredanimal.com
          Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
          Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

I agree with all the other atomic owners. It's directional, but you can tilt it on a stand if you need. It's house amp, so it doesn't concern me too much. I have never heard a modeler sound better than through the atomic.

Comment

That's really interesting. I had no idea the Atomic was tube, I thought it just had the little compartment for the POD as a sales gimmick.

This has got me thinking about practice setups. Overall, both in terms of tone and practicality, which do you think is better? A POD + tube power amp or a mega rig + attenuator? Which would be better for both worlds (practice and playing out)? Pros/cons?
              Gear:

PRS CE22 (Evo/Evo)
              Fender MIM Powerhouse Stratocaster (Custom/Lil'59) Pic*

PODxt
              Atomic 112

Comment

Working...
              X