Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: thinking about gettin' an EQ pedal

Originally posted by ericmeyer4
    What are you looking to achieve? Honestly I havnt used my eq with my amp for awhile now. I do set the sliders as weird position, kick on an octave pedal, and a big muff and make some really cool bass sounds. But thats just a personal prefference.
    You talkin' to desertrose or me?

I'm gonna use an EQ pedal (on at all times) to boost my upper mids mostly, and lower any frequencies that I feel might be over-bearing.

Rock On!
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

I use a DOD FX40B to boost the mids when I solo.

I will experiment on it to EQ my Shredmaster and have my OD do the mid-boost when I solo.

I would say the DOD is at par with the GE7 in all aspects but the built. The latter, to me, does not justify the cost being 3x the DOD.

Comment

Originally posted by Kac
        You talkin' to desertrose or me?

I'm gonna use an EQ pedal (on at all times) to boost my upper mids mostly, and lower any frequencies that I feel might be over-bearing.

Rock On!
        I was talking to you lol.

My vote is for the MXR. Little more control and a lot less noise.

Good Luck,
        edm

Comment

Now I need a smart gate to eliminate the static sounds
          Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
          Gibson 1959 reissue
          Gibson 1960 reissue
          Gibson EDS-1275

Freedom through the blood of Christ

Comment

Thank you all very much, especially stratdeluxer.. I bought an MXR 6 band graphic EQ (blue) today and hooked it into the effects loop. With my footswitch I can turn it on and off, and it is excellent! No excess noise, great boost for solos or when I just wanna be so loud 'n crunchy that it hurts!

Thanks again, and Rock On!

Comment

Originally posted by Kac
              Thank you all very much, especially stratdeluxer.. I bought an MXR 6 band graphic EQ (blue) today and hooked it into the effects loop. With my footswitch I can turn it on and off, and it is excellent! No excess noise, great boost for solos or when I just wanna be so loud 'n crunchy that it hurts!

Thanks again, and Rock On!
              Ahhhhhh very cool,glad it worked out for ya!
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

All EQ's, or pedals for that matter, will color your sound a bit. You gotta find the one that colors it favorable to you.

MXR's are good. Dan Electro's are good. I like the color of the Boss pedal. It is a bit noisey. I may try one of those mod kits for it, but I don't use it that much.

Everyone needs a good EQ at some point in time.
                Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
                Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

Originally posted by wixedmords
                  Everyone needs a good EQ at some point in time.
                  I pretty much agree with ya there. My mesa had a great 6 band graphic EQ built it, now by adding the MXR to the peavey, it's just that much better.
                  Rock On Bro!

Comment

I'm also in them market for an EQ, problem is my amp has no effects loop. Would I be better of with just an OD?
                    Ibanez SZ520 (APHn/APHb)

Comment

Funky, if you want to use an EQ, say to boost your signal, you can use it in front of the amp.
                      putting it in the effects loop reduces excess noise, but if you get a decent one it shouldn't be a big problem anyway.

Rock On!

Comment

Originally posted by Kac
                        Funky, if you want to use an EQ, say to boost your signal, you can use it in front of the amp.
                        putting it in the effects loop reduces excess noise, but if you get a decent one it shouldn't be a big problem anyway.

Rock On!
                        Taught you well grasshopper!
                        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
                        X