Would a basketweave grillcloth help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a basketweave grillcloth help?

Would there be a significant difference if I changed the stock grillcloth from my marshall tv cab to basketweave grillcloth?

Re: Would a basketweave grillcloth help?

Not very noticeable, but thicker cloth passes less highs. The real issue is the difficulty of disassembling the baffleboard from the cab, carefully removing the white piping, and getting the logo posts out of the baffleboard. I'd only do it if the original cloth was torn.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I had my cab changed to the Marshall "Cane" Basketweave cloth, and love it. I had it done at Splawn Guitars here in NC, but I'm sure there are tons of places to get it done. Cost me $70 and was worth every penny.

My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by guitarplayer
        Would there be a significant difference if I changed the stock grillcloth from my marshall tv cab to basketweave grillcloth?
        yes, it will make you sound like jimmy hendrix, zakk wilde, and eric clapton all rolled into one
        Originally posted by Gearjoneser
        Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

A difference in WHAT?

Comment

YES!

It will look different.
            Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
              I had my cab changed to the Marshall "Cane" Basketweave cloth, and love it. I had it done at Splawn Guitars here in NC, but I'm sure there are tons of places to get it done. Cost me $70 and was worth every penny.

I like the look Jeff. It does remind me a bit of the ads on Ebay that specify "the collectable brown Marshall grill cloth", when what really happens is the black Marshall grill cloth fades to brown with time.

In your case it does a wonderful job of matching the cab and combo. Nice job.
              Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
              Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

Working...
              X