Can you hook a head up to a combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you hook a head up to a combo?

I actually just took the chassis out of my AVT50 with no problem. All I had to do was cut one off one of those plastic ring things (you know, those ones they use instead of handcuffs on cops sometimes) and wiggle out this one circuit thingy. As far as I know I didn't ruin anything, which is pretty cool. All I have to do is slide it back in and plug that one circuit thing in for it to work. That's pretty damn cool. Looks kinda like a cab with a big hole in the top now lol

Comment

Just remember that those speaker power ratings are casual usage, it's not going to survive if you're chugging a Drop-A string at maximum volume, you'll blow out the speaker easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
        Between the combo's speakers and chassis, cut the 2 wires, if they don't disconnect. Solder a female 1/4" plug to the speaker side, and a male plug to the chassis side. Put the head on the combo, and use a speaker cable from the head to the combo's speaker female jack. Make sure the Ohms are set to be equal, and don't turn on the combo, only the head. That's how to do it.
        I agree. =)
        Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
        Gibson 1959 reissue
        Gibson 1960 reissue
        Gibson EDS-1275

Freedom through the blood of Christ

Comment

Working...
        X