Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM 800 HELP??

OK looking to get this:
    Marshall JCM 800 bass series 50 watt head.
    Just like the 2204 50 watt head but designed with and active eq for bass.
    Vertical input JCM800 series head!
    Serial # says it's from 81. Trades for guitars or ?

I just don't know much about them, will they work for guitar, the guy says they will, do they have master volume if not can they have master volume?

I really want a good marshall amp!

Thanks for any and all help!!
    "...Strange brew -- kill what's inside of you..."

Re: Marshall JCM 800 HELP??

I do not 100% understand your post...is this amp for sale or are you looking for a JCM 800 bass amp?

As far as I know there are 2 JCM 800 bass amps (not sounting the very rare Model 2001, they were, model 1986 (50 watt) and model 1992 (100 watts)) and they are NOTHING like a 2204/2203...
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

OK sorry, it is late, I really should go to bed.

That amp is for sale (actually for trade)

I have pictures, it is a 50 watt Bass head.
      I am about 99% sure this one is a 1986 model.

Thanks for replying man, I was asking because I want to get a good marshall and was wondering if this was a good marshall.

Does that help??

Comment

gotch ya...here is the deal...with Plexi and Metal front amps there is very little difference in guitar and bass amps...but the JCM 800 Bass amps had active eq's and mid sweep controls, no master volumes...you could play guitar through them but I can't tell you at all how it would sound...
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
          gotch ya...here is the deal...with Plexi and Metal front amps there is very little difference in guitar and bass amps...but the JCM 800 Bass amps had active eq's and mid sweep controls, no master volumes...you could play guitar through them but I can't tell you at all how it would sound...
          Ahhh ok see what happens when I just explain myself

OK well that makes sense, this one has all that sweep stuff etc, he said it sounded good but, well he is trying to get rid of it hahahhaa

I am going to keep on hunting, I am going to see if I can sell off my Mesa Mark 1 to get toward a good Marshall...

Comment

It might do just fine with gutar but I ould look for a different Marshall...good luck!

Originally posted by aaronl
            Ahhh ok see what happens when I just explain myself

OK well that makes sense, this one has all that sweep stuff etc, he said it sounded good but, well he is trying to get rid of it hahahhaa

I am going to keep on hunting, I am going to see if I can sell off my Mesa Mark 1 to get toward a good Marshall...

Comment

Working...
            X