Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Switchers and Bypass Boxes

Hey Bros,

I've been thinking about getting an amp switcher. I'd like it to be pretty versitile since I have three amps I'd like to be able to switch among: a Vox AC30, a Fender Super Reverb and a Mesa Single Rectifier. Since the last effects in my chain (Analog Man Clone Chorus and Line 6 DL4) have stereo outs, I'd like the amp switcher to have stereo ins (labeled "L" and "R"). There would be three outs, one for each amp, labeled "A" (for the Vox) "B" (for the Fender) and "C" (for the Mesa). I'd like to have the following options:
    • "L" outputs to "A" only
    • "L" outputs to "B" only
    • "L" outputs to "C" only
    • "L" outputs to "A" and "R" outputs to "B" simultaneously
    • * "L" outputs to "A" and "R" outputs to "C" simultaneously
    • * "L" outputs to "C" and "R" outputs to "B" simultaneously
    The last two options with the asterisks (*) are options I don't necessarily need, but I'm curious about how much that would cost and if it's even possible to do. They're more nice-to-have options that I ultimately could take or leave.

I'm also considering a separate loop box that would allow me to take three or four effects out of my chain independently. I have a Dunlop Uni-Vibe and vintage MXR Flanger that are noisy, so I'd want independent loops dedicated to those effects (Loop 1 and Loop 2). I'd also like to have a loop for my MXR Phase 90 (Loop 3) and wondered if it would be possible to add a blend pot to that loop so that I can reduce the amount of phaser that gets added to the signal when the loop is on. The last loop I'd want is for overdrive and distortion (Loop 4). I'd like to click a button to add my Boss DS-1/Pro and Boss GE-7 to (or remove them from) my signal path. Since I always use the two pedals in conjunction with each other, I'd just keep both in that fourth loop.

I've checked out the Loooper.com site for ideas but would like to get feedback from you crazy kids.

Thoughts?

- Keith
    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
    I am just jug the merlot

Re: Amp Switchers and Bypass Boxes

You are talking about a lot of options here, and as far as I can see, you will need a major digital controller to do it right, we are probably talking a custom build here, costing LOTS of money.
    TC electronics makes something like this, but it lists for over a thousand dollars.
    " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

They ain't cheap, but they get the job done....flawlessly

But this might be all you need:

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
      Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
      FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99

<snip>

But this might be all you need:
        http://www.voodoolab.com/ampselector.htm
        This looks perfect. Thanks, PB!
        Originally posted by ImmortalSix