Stereo Amp question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo Amp question...

I'm running a Line 6 SpiderII combo into a Behringer BG412F Ultrastack at the moment(I don't have a true head yet) and noticed that the Spider has two speaker outputs on the back of it. I've found that running a speaker cable from either of these outputs into the input on the cab cuts power to either the left or right speaker. The cabinet itself has a switch to run in mono(16ohms) or stereo (8ohms). Below each speaker output on the Spider it says Right(8ohms) or Left(8ohms). I was wondering if this is going to cause any problems as far as sound coming through the cab, do I need a special type of speaker cable(one that has two 1/4" jacks into a single 1/4" jack) to get the best sound of the cabinet. I'm currently at my apartment with the cab and combo so I can't crank it up to make sure it's coming out of both sides of the cabinet until later this week when I move everything to the practice space. Also what is the difference between running a cab/head in mono or stereo, I understand the idea behind the ohms but as far as sound goes what is the difference. It will be a few months until I can save up enough for a head so I have to run with this setup as is for the time being. Any help that anyone can give me would be much appreciated!
    Guitars
    Fender American Standard Strat(US)
    w/ Seymour Duncan Hotrail neck, Fullsize JB in Bridge
    Cort MGM-1 sig. model
    w/ EMG 81 bridge, EMG 85 neck (pwnd)
    Amps
    Line 6 Spider II 150 watt 2x12 combo

Re: Stereo Amp question...

You're not running it in stereo; you're running it in dual mono.

Anyway....set the Berhinger to 8ohm and just run off one jack.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
    X