No announcement yet.

what jcm 900 model is this? - any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: what jcm 900 model is this? - any good?

Cool, thanks.

I like you, you're a good help, even though I still don't agree about your "la la la, I can't hear you" theory about me

But you seem kinda interested in Marshall's, maybe it's time for you to go back to one??

Like you're trying to get me to install low output buckers, I'll get you to play Marshall's again

BC Rich Mockingbird (Gibson Iommi/stock PUP)
    Custom guitar (JB/Jazz)
    Marshall JCM900 50W Hi Gain Master Volume MKlll
    Laney GH100TI Tony Iommi signature amp
    Framus FR212 CB cabinet
    Marshall MG10CD (pretty crappy :laugh2: )
    Line6 Toneport UX2
    Rocktron Heart Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Sune
      Cool, thanks.

I like you, you're a good help, even though I still don't agree about your "la la la, I can't hear you" theory about me
      That was just me playin around bro....no worries

But you seem kinda interested in Marshall's, maybe it's time for you to go back to one??

Like you're trying to get me to install low output buckers, I'll get you to play Marshall's again
      I've played & owned more marshalls than I'd care to admit (makes me cry thinking about all the $).I still own a Marshall (1987X)..though its out of commission. My Rivera is basically a modded Marshall. Problem is, and it's not just Marshall... tube amps HAVE to be cranked. I dont have the luxury of being able to do that these days where I live. Otherwise I'd get my 1987X fixed, grab a goose, run it through a 4x12 cab with greenie 25s and be happy as a pig in $hit Gibson's and Marshalls are "home" for me.

I'm looking into something though right now that is from Marshall too, along with some boutique copies.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I can tell ya, the MkIII 2100/2500 sound better than the Dual Reverbs. This is just my opinion though. They have more gain available that's for sure, but they also are very open and "Marshally" like Jeff said. You're gonna love it.

Comment

That's cool Erik.. Glad to hear, but your clips will probably show it much better than words. But of course it depends on what recording gear you own. So, what do you wanna record with??

Custom guitar (JB/Jazz)
          Framus FR212 CB cabinet
          Line6 Toneport UX2
          Rocktron Heart Attack

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
            That was just me playin around bro....no worries

I've played & owned more marshalls than I'd care to admit (makes me cry thinking about all the $).I still own a Marshall (1987X)..though its out of commission. My Rivera is basically a modded Marshall. Problem is, and it's not just Marshall... tube amps HAVE to be cranked. I dont have the luxury of being able to do that these days where I live. Otherwise I'd get my 1987X fixed, grab a goose, run it through a 4x12 cab with greenie 25s and be happy as a pig in $hit Gibson's and Marshalls are "home" for me.

I'm looking into something though right now that is from Marshall too, along with some boutique copies.
            Sorry to hear you can't live out your dream currently And about the thing you said, don't worry, I didn't really get offended because I know it's not true.

Custom guitar (JB/Jazz)
            Framus FR212 CB cabinet
            Line6 Toneport UX2
            Rocktron Heart Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Sune
              That's cool Erik.. Glad to hear, but your clips will probably show it much better than words. But of course it depends on what recording gear you own. So, what do you wanna record with??
              I have a Shure SM-58 mic and a Tascam 4-track. That's what I'll be using. From there I'll mix it down to my PC. Hopefully I can get what I want. Shouldn't be a problem though. I've recorded plenty before and it's all about mic placement.

Comment

Cool, looking forward to it.. what you wanna play though, is totally your choice

Custom guitar (JB/Jazz)
                Framus FR212 CB cabinet
                Line6 Toneport UX2
                Rocktron Heart Attack

Comment

Damn, just got some clips by a dude I found on another forum.. Exact same model as mine, sounds like a great rock amp, and I couldn't be happier about the sound so far. He's not using that much gain though, but gets a great sound anyway, and very chunky palm mutes.

Custom guitar (JB/Jazz)
                  Framus FR212 CB cabinet
                  Line6 Toneport UX2
                  Rocktron Heart Attack

Comment

Working...
                  X