Hellatone 30 or Celestion g12h30 vs Eminence wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellatone 30 or Celestion g12h30 vs Eminence wizard

I have 2 wizards that I love but they are a lot louder than my celestion speakers I have. I am thinking of trying the Avatar Hellatone or a g12h30 with my g12t75 speaker and a governor and a manowar in my 4x12. The wizard rocks but is 103 db and the others are 102 and the 12t75 is only 97 db. JUST NOT A GOOD MATCH. What are the differences of the wizard and g12h30 or Hellatone 30?
    My bands links:

PEDL
    www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
    www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
    www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Re: Hellatone 30 or Celestion g12h30 vs Eminence wizard

I seriously doubt that you could tell a one db difference- you might, but it will be almost a moot point, besides, there is alot more to a speakers sound than just the efficency. example the Greenback- 97db, yet it is a very toneful speaker. Depends on what you are after.
    My personal favorite is the g12h30. As far as the Hellatone, it's my understanding that it is just a g12h30 that has been broken in.
    " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

The db difference is mostly heard between the g12t75 @97db and the wizard @103db. Very drastic. The wizard is also at a resonant frequency of around 97 and the celestions are around 80 or 75. The low end thump from the celestions are better but the audible character of the eminence seem to cut better. I am interested in the g12h30 or hellatone to kinda balance the volume out. The cab with the 2 wizards so way louder than the one with 75s and governors. I now have the 2 cabs with the same speaker configuration but the wizard still sounds like a fish out of water and sticks out too much.

How does the g12h30 compare to the v30?
      My bands links:

PEDL
      www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
      www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
      www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

Personally, I don't care for the V30- to much mid range for my taste, but alot of folks like them, and they are loud sounding.
        " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

Originally posted by marvar
          Personally, I don't care for the V30- to much mid range for my taste, but alot of folks like them, and they are loud sounding.
          I Love Vintage 30s....In the right cab,they are wonderful speakers!
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
            I Love Vintage 30s....In the right cab,they are wonderful speakers!

+1 Very nice speakers.
            www.lastchancerock.com

Comment

Working...
            X