X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schecterplayer
    replied
    Re: Homebrew CPR ** Follow-up! **

Sweet, my favorite local mom and pop music store owned by a buddy of mine is a dealer for HBE, i'll have to try those

Leave a comment:

• TwilightOdyssey
    replied

bump.

Leave a comment:

• TwilightOdyssey
    replied

Originally posted by JammerMatt
    TO, I gotta finally ask. What is your avatar?
    Video game, Wanda And Colossus.

Leave a comment:

• JammerMatt
    replied

TO, I gotta finally ask. What is your avatar?

Leave a comment:

• TwilightOdyssey
    replied

Scott, please let me know how you get along with the Germacide!
    That always looked like a cool pedal to me.

Leave a comment:

• shred-dog
    replied

sounds good TO , i just found a HBE germacide to go with my HBE power screamer ! it will make a nice combo . i have to get a HBE cpr next !!!!!!!!! for some added fatness . rock on brother ben . later scott

Leave a comment:

• TwilightOdyssey
    started a topic Homebrew CPR ** Follow-up! **

Homebrew CPR ** Follow-up! **

Well, After much experimentation, I've been using the CPR pretty much every day, and I've come to the conclusion that I love it. It really thickens and widens out the tone tremendously!

Yesterday I began setting up to record guitar tracks for the demo versions some new songs that will be appearing on TO album #2. After an hour of tweaking, I ended up with a great tone! I mic'd the cab with a Shure SM57, (after experimenting with 4 other mics), since that mic just sounded the best for what I was doing. Once I got the mic position set, I taped off the spot with gaffa tape.

Today I spent 7 hrs tracking the guitars for the 1st song, which runs about 8:15 in length. In the middle of the song there is a very vintage Priest kind of haltime section for the solos, and I wanted a mild overdrive sound. The CPR totally smoothed out the sound for this part and it sounds so organic!!

For the rest of the song, there's a lot more distortion, and I used the CPR throughout. My signal path is now:
    Guitar > Dos Mos (as buffer) > CPR (mild amount of sustain, level at 12:00) > Big D > Rivera Knucklehead.

The other change I made to my rig was to use a different EQ setting and to crank the gain on the Rivera to 10. I'm now using the Big D to just add a bit of bite to the sound, instead of relying on it for the bulk of the distortion. The end result is a tone with more presence, better attack, and tons of harmonic complexity, while still retaining that nice, fat, tube warmth!

Wonderful pedal, highly recommend it.
Working...
X