chorus question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chorus question

What chorus pedals would have been around in 1979?

I know there was the CE-1 and I think the Small Clone but was that it?
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Re: chorus question

MXR....Ibanez IIRC....
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Was there an Ibanez Chorus that early?
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I think the Roland Chorus Echo was out and definitely the Univibe.
        Originally posted by tone4days
        we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

You talking about the Space Echo with the built in Chorus right? I know that the CE-1 was out by then and the univibe for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
            You talking about the Space Echo with the built in Chorus right? I know that the CE-1 was out by then and the univibe for sure...
            Space echo sounds right...I have senior moments with regards to my memory.
            Originally posted by tone4days
            we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

I had forgotten all about the Space Echo that had the chorus option...isn't there some kind of time line, on line for Boss Pedals?

Comment

The MXR was def out by 79 as well...

Comment

Christian..I wouldn't bet on it, but I am fairly certain of the Ibanez.
                  I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

After a quick skim through a 1977 edition of Tom Wheeler's book, there's no mention of a Chorus effect by name. The Space Echo was in there.
                    *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
                    Originally posted by Slash2987
                    Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
                    Originally posted by PVFan
                    I'm a good sex man.
                    Originally posted by Grumpy
                    I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

I think that teh Boss CE-1 came out in 78 but I could be wrong and i know that teh MXR was out by 79 joe Perry mentiones using an MXR chorus in a March 79 GP interview if my memory serves me.

When did the "compact" Boss pedals come out...more importantle the CE-2?

Comment

If memory serves me correctly, I got the CE-2 in '82, so some time in or before then.
                        Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

Tom Sholtz had some kinda homebrew chorus he used on the 1st albums.
                          The prototype for the Rockman I guess?
                          http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Working...
                          X