Modern Vintage Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Vintage Amps

Not much info available on their SITE....anyone fam with these amps?

Frank Hannon has an amp designed for him by these people based on his modded HiWatt...I see they have a 25 Watt combo switchable to 12 watts. Frank's tones are damn near ideal for what I want (modded FAT 800-ish sounds), so I *may* be willing to spend a few more $ on something like this...(plus it has El34s unlike most low wattage amps)

Harmony Central has two reviews..both are excellent...but just looking for more opinions...
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Modern Vintage Amps

Never heard of them...they seems nice though.

Comment

Bumpy
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Too bad that there's such little info on the site, and the navigation kinda suxx. Are they PCB amps, point-to-point, can you switch the voltage to 220v for touring? Where are the sound clips?! An online owner's manual would help, too.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
          Too bad that there's such little info on the site, and the navigation kinda suxx. Are they PCB amps, point-to-point, can you switch the voltage to 220v for touring? Where are the sound clips?! An online owner's manual would help, too.
          Yeah..the site is pretty darn new I believe Ben Says the soundclips are coming soon. I remembered reading an interview with Frank where he said these were based on his modded Hiwatts (which are not terribly Hi-wattish..LOL)....and he talked a bit about them...but now I can't find the interview...then found a link on his site to there.

All I know is his tastes in guitar tones and mine are pretty frigginmuch zakkly the same...effects usage and type too...so when I saw these I was VERY interested.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
            All I know is his tastes in guitar tones and mine are pretty frigginmuch zakkly the same...effects usage and type too...so when I saw these I was VERY interested.
            Franky Hannon is a monster rock player; one of my faves, too!

Comment

Franky Hannon is a monster rock player; one of my faves, too!
              Have you heard Tesla Replugged? Monster tones. Thats what I'm after. Him and Angus are the only two guys I know who can make an SG sound absolutely friggin HUGE. Can hardly tell when he pulls out the Les Paul. For that matter he makes a Tele sound HUGE too. Great chops, great tones.

Comment

You know the only way to get that tone, Jeff, unfortunately ...
                1/2 stack, or full stack, and serious volume. Even through my Hot Plate, I still run the amp very hot, and play pretty loud.

Comment

You know the only way to get that tone, Jeff, unfortunately ...
                  1/2 stack, or full stack, and serious volume. Even through my Hot Plate, I still run the amp very hot, and play pretty loud.
                  STOP RUINING MY DREAMS MAN!

Comment

Take control of every financial walk of your life with FileBucket’s expert advice on topics varying from investment to loan management to debt repayment to lifestyle.

Check out this 1 watt Plexi clone, it was posted on the Plexi Palace forum. This thing is sweet!!

]
                    FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

On a serious note ..absolutely I know that, and unfortunately you *are* correct. Guess what I meant was I want an amp that will deliver those tones when I can "air it out", and still sound decent attentuated at lower volumes. For some reason the Chubster does not like the two attentuators I've run it through (granted, one is crap..but)

Closest I'll get to that at low volume is with modelling I know (unfortunately).

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                        http://www.thefilebucket.com/userfil...nal%20solo.mp3

Check out this 1 watt Plexi clone, it was posted on the Plexi Palace forum. This thing is sweet!!

http://www.sombrabella.com/bumbox/

oooooooo..very impressive....this thing...w/ a good boost...Avatar 2x12 with some greenies or similar...affordable...might be able to keep the Chubster too if I went this way

hmmmm

Thanks Kev!

Comment

Working...
                        X