Peavey Delta Blues 210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Delta Blues 210

OK man has anyone else played one of these??
    I was totally blown away!
    I think it sounded incredible, me and a friend took one at the guitar store and played like 45 mins on it messing with settings etc wow i think it sounds great!

anyone else?
    Last edited by aaronl; 09-27-2005, 12:40 PM.
    "...Strange brew -- kill what's inside of you..."

Re: Peavey Delta Blues 210

I own a Classic 30, pretty much the exact same amp, and I've played a DB's on several occasions. Nice amps! I'm very happy with my Classic 30. Hopefully a DB's 2X10 will find it's way into my clutches in the near future.
    Not a 5150 Kramer, but a 5149 1/2 Shamer
    www.bigmouthbetty.com

Comment

I want to take a look at the 1-15
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
        I want to take a look at the 1-15
        Me Too... just take a look
        ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
        2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
        Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

I own a 210 and as much as the gear snob in me wants to not like it... I really do. I swapped the tubes and one speaker (probably will do the other as well) and it sounds great. The reverb is not the best and I'm not sure about the reliability long term given the kind of construction but... it sounds good... really good.
          I did remove the peavey name plate (gear snob, remember?) and have had sound people and other musicians ask me what it is after appreciating the sound.
          royd
          http://www.soundclick.com/alexisd
          "once it stops bein' a mystery it stops bein' true"
          David Mowaljarlai - Ngarinyin Aboriginal Elder

Comment

Is that why people take the nameplates off Peaveys? I never understood why, and still don't really, but at least now I know. Those amps are built like rocks. My rhythm guitarist plays a 210, and it can take a beating. My 5150's? They're sure to outlast anything else I've owned.
            Some of my current gear:

Wolfgang standard, Deluxe Strat HSS
            SG Angus
            Epi Les Paul w/ Dimarzio Air nort/Tone zone
            Ibanez Blazer ('80) P.Gates/'59
            Mesa Stiletto Trident
            Various Pedals @ any given time

Comment

i dont know man i tell you this to, i played a classic 50 the other day again i was really impressed, this one was the 410 and gotta say these things are winning some appreciation!!

Comment

Yeah, the classic series is amazing. They really are. I think the 50 is about as much as I'd want to push, but artists all over the place are swapping out their gear for these because they sound awesome, and last.
                Some of my current gear:

Wolfgang standard, Deluxe Strat HSS
                SG Angus
                Epi Les Paul w/ Dimarzio Air nort/Tone zone
                Ibanez Blazer ('80) P.Gates/'59
                Mesa Stiletto Trident
                Various Pedals @ any given time

Comment

Originally posted by Gdntoneguitars
                  Is that why people take the nameplates off Peaveys? I never understood why, and still don't really, but at least now I know. Those amps are built like rocks. My rhythm guitarist plays a 210, and it can take a beating. My 5150's? They're sure to outlast anything else I've owned.
                  I think the main reason why people remove the nameplate is that the Peavey logo is SO DAMN UGLY. That's why EVH made them use their other logo on the 5150.

I think the DB 2x10 is a great amp. I'd definitely pick one up if I saw one at a good s/h price. I like it much more than the C30 and C50 amps.

The C20 is a great little amp, too.
                  Originally posted by Jolly
                  ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

I've got one and man it sounds amazing.. I think I'm gonna start doing strange things with it. Like running it a/b/y with my vox ac30 and set the turn both tremolo's on but at different time settings...get some serious swirling going on!
                    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                    Originally posted by LesStrat
                    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

I don't know what kind of sound you guys are into, but I've found the sweetest tone I've ever had with my EBMM Albert Lee SSS, thru my TIM overdrive, and into the Classic 30. Awesome for countryish-bluesy tones. I've been playing 23 years and have gone through tons of gear before I stumbled upon this simple but amazing sounding setup. And it sounds just as good with the logo on!
                      Not a 5150 Kramer, but a 5149 1/2 Shamer
                      www.bigmouthbetty.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
                        I think the main reason why people remove the nameplate is that the Peavey logo is SO DAMN UGLY. That's why EVH made them use their other logo on the 5150.

Now that we're talking about how damn awful looking the peavey nameplates are, where can i get an old style standard looking "PEAVEY" logo? and not that damned swoopy one either... It looks like **** on a vintage style amp.

Keh, one of them "WHAT THE **** WERE THEY THINKING?" momments.
                        Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

The classic 30 is indeed an amazing amp. I have one and its staying in my rig for good!

Comment

wow it is cool to see so much response
                            i may have to find the little classic 30 and pick up one for cheap!

Comment

Working...
                            X