Marshall DSL 201

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall DSL 201

These are discontinued...rumor has it that she's good little amp..better tone than the 40 watter, and more reliable.

Anyone have any experience with them?
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Marshall DSL 201

I'd run her into a closed back 1x12 or 2x12 if that makes any difference...
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Bumpity Bump Bump, Bumpity Bump Bump, look at Jeffy go...

Comment

Jeff, I wish I had more information for you, but I only know of the heat issues with the 401's. They fixed the 401 in 03' though, something about changing the PT.
        My guess is that you would need to check the 201 for cold solder joints and put a fan in it, due to heat issues, as early 401 needed. But, this isn't a blanket statement. Many 401's ran fine.
        Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
        Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

Originally posted by wixedmords
          Jeff, I wish I had more information for you, but I only know of the heat issues with the 401's. They fixed the 401 in 03' though, something about changing the PT.
          My guess is that you would need to check the 201 for cold solder joints and put a fan in it, due to heat issues, as early 401 needed. But, this isn't a blanket statement. Many 401's ran fine.
          Thank you..some valuable info nonetheless...reckon I'll have to sift through the BS reviews over at Harmony Central

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
            Thank you..some valuable info nonetheless...reckon I'll have to sift through the BS reviews over at Harmony Central

Oh boy, don't do that, way too much "new amp syndrome" and "I hate this company" syndrome.

Try asking at http://www.marshallampforum.com/forum or www.marshall-law.cjb.net.

Both specialize in Marshall's.

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

Oh boy, don't do that, way too much "new amp syndrome" and "I hate this company" syndrome.

Try asking at http://www.marshallampforum.com/forum or www.marshall-law.cjb.net.

Both specialize in Marshall's.
              Yeah I've learned to navigate my way through Harmony Central reviews and forums..I used to write technical reviews in another industry, and so I ignore all but a rare few well written ones...

Thanks for those links!

Comment

Thanks for those links!
                Your welcome...

But come back here.. don't want to loose forumites.

Comment

Your welcome...

But come back here.. don't want to loose forumites.
                  No worries..this is my cyberspace guitar "home"....good bunch of folks here...lotsa good insight and knowledge...don't always agree with everyone (nor them with me), but what family DOES agree on everything

Comment

No worries..this is my cyberspace guitar "home"....good bunch of folks here...lotsa good insight and knowledge...don't always agree with everyone (nor them with me), but what family DOES agree on everything
                    um..I agree.

We would miss that Firebird avatar.

Comment

um..I agree.

We would miss that Firebird avatar.
                      Heh..I really need to get a better pic up there...I shot those the day I got her...wish I didn't have such a crappy digital Maybe after I get the 57 classics in I'll see what I can do

Comment

Working...
                      X