Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your thoughts on 2 amps

looks aint everything =/

what about a fender roc-pro 750? my friend has one and it's really cool. it has a tube preamp and solid state power section

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
      looks aint everything =/

what about a fender roc-pro 750? my friend has one and it's really cool. it has a tube preamp and solid state power section
      Yeah, unfortunately like no stores around me sell them

Comment

No digital effects just a spring reverb, and it may be over your budget, but if you're looking for a really great solid state combo at a reasonable price you should definitely check out the Tech 21 Trademark 60.

I have one and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_F
          No digital effects just a spring reverb, and it may be over your budget, but if you're looking for a really great solid state combo at a reasonable price you should definitely check out the Tech 21 Trademark 60.

I have one and I love it.
          +1....GREAT all-round compact 1x12 combo that you can also run to your extension cab.

New, they're over $500, but you can find them used for $300-350.

Check out the clips here: www.tech21nyc.com

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
          Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
          FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
          http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Re: Your thoughts on amps

Thanks for all your input - I really do appreciate it.

I bought the Line 6 Spider II 112. I got it for $295. ($5 below MF)

I went into the store and told the salesman what I wanted - in terms of power and size - I didn't mention price - I wanted to see what he had.

He showed me a Marshall MG - said he'd had good results with them - but I recalled what I had heard here - so no.

He showed me a Vox - looked really interesting - but he didn't have the footswitch - and I really needed one.

He showed my a Peavey 30 - again interesting - but not the bang for buck I was looking for.

The Line 6 had it all - and what awesome tone!

I don't know, maybe the Crate has been dying longer than I thought and I had just gotten used to bad tone. But this is incredible. I played at church for our Saturday night service - the cleans were like crystal - and the distortion had so much MEAT - it was just plain fun.

Someday - I'll get a bigger, better setup - but for now, this is perfect.

Thanks again,
            Rick
            Last edited by RW James; 10-03-2005, 03:29 PM.
            Rick
            (the original Rick James!)

Sing unto Him a new song; play skillfully with a LOUD noise. Psalm 33:3
            Lincoln Brewster Kutless Newsboys Third Day David Crowder U2

Comment

Glad it's working for ya' Brutha

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
              Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
              FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Congrats! You know I'm not a huge fan of the Line 6 amps, but they're not bad at all and they've gotten better with each generation. But the new line of Spider amps really do offer a great value.

Comment

Working...
                X